Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge will not sync on iPhone when manually change the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Surge will not properly sync when I change the time manually on my iPhone. 

It finds the device and the sync bar gets to the end but no data (steps, sleep, etc) is updated on the iPhone. 

The fix is to put the phone time back to auto or change the time zone to another zone which has the particular time you want. 

My particular problem was in The Maldives so I set the time to 'Male, Maldives'. It was fine for the first island, but the second ran on its own time to capture the sunrise and and sunset at a better time for guests. This island was 2 hours ahead of Male. My issue occurred when I changed the time on the iPhone 2 hours forward. In the end, I set the time zone to 'Bangkok, Thailand' as a work around. 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

It's great to have you as a new member of our Community @El-Rajio, welcome! That's a pretty weird thing. Your Fitbit App should be changing automatically with your phone if the App has the "Automatic Time Zone" on in the "Advance Settings" in the option Time Zone. I would like to know why don't you use the "Automatic" in both phone and Fitbit App.

1. Check that your phone has this option on:

1. On the Setting on your phone
2. Tap "General."
3. Tap "Date & Time."
4. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
5. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

2. Also restart you phone and Fitbit tracker a couple of times to make sure that is not a hardware issue.  

3. If the "Automatic Time Zone" is not changing try these steps that some users tried a couple of months ago in regards of this issue. 

Hope this works! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes