Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS tracking - How does it work?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, I have just bought a Surge today. Just wondering how does the GPS tracker work? 
I like to go for a run at after dinner and i don't like to bring my phone along at all. In this case, can my family members locate where I am at real-time even I don't have any internet data available with me?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

When turned on, the GPS feature only connects and begins to track your location. Once you finish your activity and sync your surge, you will see the map and the GPS route you took. I does provide some pretty detailed info on your times, splits, best miles and so on.  Your family cannot see or track you while it's in use. Emujo

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community family @EmujoSmiley Happy

That's an excellent explanation @Emujo, thanks a million for your help! Surge can't give your current location as all the data stays in the tracker memory until you connect it with your Fitbit Account. You can see more information in the Surge manual on page 19. Multi-Sport feature for Fitbit Surge is one the most complete options to track your activities. 

I'll be around in case you need more information about your Surge! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes