Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change Km to Miles?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I have an iPhone 8 and recently got a Fitbit Surge. I changed the app to register miles and alert me every mile, however when running it alerts me every KM and as a result when I look back at my data on my phone it’s not accurate as it’s telling me my split pace every time it sends a cue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have a race coming up in a few weeks so I’d really like to try and get it fixed before then.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I don't have a fix I'm afraid, but I've been having the exact same problem since I bought my Surge last summer and installed the Android app on my smartphone. I've found other people reporting the same thing  and solutions such as un-syncing, removing & re-installing the app were suggested, but none of this has worked. Splits & notifications are stuck on KM, even though the units have been changed to miles.

Open to any other suggestions, but in their absence, the more people report this problem, the more likely a bug-fix for it will be worked on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @sarahlouise500 and @Grant_Hood it's great to see you around.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this distance issue by yourselves and would like to know if you have checked if your units are correctly set? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I change the units of measurement on my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provided there.

Also, is this information the same in the Fitbit app and Dashboard on Fitbit.com?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Very Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi AlejandraFitbit

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, I am able to change the units from imperial to metric, and I can confirm that these are the same in the App and on my Fitbit account. I can change them on the app, and when I refresh the account page, it shows the units I have changed it to.

The problem I am getting is that when I go for a run, if I have units set to imperial/miles, when the run is completed, the splits have been calculated based on kilometres. Also, when I am out running, I should be getting notifications at every mile so I can see my time per mile, but I'm getting them at every kilometre instead.

Parts of the app are stuck on Kilometres, regardless of which units I have selected.

If you can help, that would be great.

Kind regards

Grant Hood
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was a solution to this found, I’m having the same problem but with the splits stuck in miles while my app is in km. Has this bug been fixed over the past year, or this there another way to solve the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone have a fix yet?  
this happened to my Fitbit after the last update.  It makes my data useless in helping improve my time.  Thanks for any tips 

Best Answer
0 Votes