Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the run setting to walk?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you change the run setting to walk on the Surge?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @Yaramir! Welcome to the Family! A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. That's really strange as that option should be on your Charge 2. Why don't you check in the Fitbit App under > Account > Charge 2 > Short Cuts, if the option "Walk" is listed there.

In case it is, but it is not being shown on the Fitbit Charge 2 options. Let's remove "Walk" from the shortcuts, sync, add "Walk" back to the shortcuts, and sync again. You can force sync  by Tapping on "Account" in the Fitbit App, tap on your "Charge 2" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

Let me know how this worked for you!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
When you see the run icon swipe your screen until you see exercise. Tap that and you will see several options with walking being one.
Best Answer
Thanks. Did that and swiped to only find "hike" which I presume is same for Walk
Best Answer
The walk option will be listed in the exercise screen. If you found hike scroll over a bit and the walk option is there
Best Answer
Thanks again The walk option was not set in my main Fitbit app. All is now working. Thanks Motivator
Best Answer

But does that still vibrate with each km

Best Answer
No. Only Run does that at the moment.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Even I couldn't find this option in charge 2. From the app you can set it to walk but not from the device. ☹️😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NeoWhiteYes you can. Tap it until you see walk.

If you want it to be the first you see then go to the Dasboard and under excercise shortcuts move it into first place.

It must sync before it takes place

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have the Charge 2....

In my device settings in the app, under the shortcuts menu where I can move around shortcuts like run or treadmill, there is no option for "walk." Thus, there is no walk option when I cycle through excercises on the device itself, either.

Seems like they deleted it or run and walk are essentially the same thing.

Best Answer

Hey there, @Yaramir! Welcome to the Family! A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. That's really strange as that option should be on your Charge 2. Why don't you check in the Fitbit App under > Account > Charge 2 > Short Cuts, if the option "Walk" is listed there.

In case it is, but it is not being shown on the Fitbit Charge 2 options. Let's remove "Walk" from the shortcuts, sync, add "Walk" back to the shortcuts, and sync again. You can force sync  by Tapping on "Account" in the Fitbit App, tap on your "Charge 2" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

Let me know how this worked for you!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

WendyB oh yes it worked... thank you very much!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Hello @NeoWhite! Thanks for replying. I'm happy to see that @WendyB suggestion worked for you. Feel free to come back for any question that you might have, any member of our family will be glad to help you out! Heart

If you have time, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle, you might be interested in this topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle? 

Happy stepping! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

How you can add the walk activity on the charge 2:

Log online, go to your profile, view account settings, click on the charge 2 view device settings, scroll down until you see exercise short cuts, click the down arrow to edit.  Click the Edit button, you can select up to 7 activities.  After you select the activities, hit save.  If you want walk on the top, with your mouse, drag it to the top.  This will reflect on your charge 2 once it has synced. Smiley Very Happy

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

How you doing my friend @hdm1961? Welcome!  Heart Thanks a million for sharing this information, it's great to see that you like to help! In this post I'm sharing same information with some other details on how to do it. But feel free to keep adding information on the threads you think its needed.

Thanks for posting and I hope to see you chatting around enjoying the Forums! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi Yojana. I do have another question. With my old Charge HR, I used to see a different display when I tracked my walking done inside the home. Is that option not available with Charge 2?

Best Answer

Thanks for your inquiry @hdm1961! Let me give you some details about it.

You do have that option on the Charge 2, just pressing its button at the end of the activity to see a summary of your results. With each button press you’ll cycle to a different set of stats. You can view your exercise summary one time, the information may vary depending on the activity. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@NeoWhite wrote:

Even I couldn't find this option in charge 2. From the app you can set it to walk but not from the device. ☹️😔

You will need to go to the fitbit web interface and log in to your account. Click on your device (Charge 2) to see the device settings. Open ''Exercise shortcuts'', click ''edit'' and then check up to seven exercises (Walk should be among the options). Sync your device. After doing this Walk should appear in exercise menu on your Charge 2.

Best Answer

Hey there, @Frankiefit! Welcome to the Family! Thanks for sharing that information, it's great to know that you are willing to help others. I hope to see more posts from you here.

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer

I changed the order of shortcuts.   When I move Bike to the top I cannot see walk. (it is listed as second) When I reverse it and put Bike first than walk does not show on my fit bit.   It was suggested to remove and then add the shortcut back.  But how do you remove them.  I don't see that option on the app.

Best Answer