Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I maximize my Surge's battery life?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my friends Smiley Very Happy! If you aren’t tracking runs or exercises that use GPS, your fully charged Fitbit Surge should last up 7 days. A fully charged Surge can track up to 10 hours of activities that use GPS. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.

These tips might help when you want to prioritize battery life:

• Each alarm reduces battery life by small percentage. To maximize battery life, consider setting fewer alarms.
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press any button to see the screen.
  • Frequently using music control may reduce battery life.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • If you're syncing with any Fitbit app, the All-Day sync option may reduce battery life on both the tracker and mobile device.
  • Charging your tracker in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need a heart rate rating, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. The Auto setting uses less battery than the On setting.

You can shut down your Surge when it's not in use.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thank you very much for this helpful post @MarreFitbit ! I'm gonna take it in consederation now on 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Evening Maria,

I have had an extremely good experience with the Surge up until Sunday evening. However since Monday morning its been acting up. I will explain a bit of the setup to you.

I have the Surge since probably December 2015. Dont use the GPS at all. No Bluetooth & Notifications. Have 3 Alarms off which only 2 are active (7:00 p.m & 10:30 p.m). It used to last me 6.1/2 days or so. However since Monday even after a full charge I barely get 2 hours from it.

However I will still try switching off virtually everything and try it once again. Incase it still gives me the same errors I will reach out to you guys again.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @nahhush Woman Very Happy! Hmmm...very strange let me say. Have you tried restarting your Surge? 

In case that the restard doesn't make any difference, please reach out Customer Support directly. I'm pretty sure they will give you a hand on this, just don't forget to mention all the steps you've done so far.

Don't lose the hope my friend!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
So basically you turn off all the features and selling points of the surge to get the 7 days as advertised...then you're left with an expensive fitbit charge ?.... hmm false advertisement comes to mind
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @AdeNeade, thanks for stopping by! If you've tried all the suggestions that my friend @SunsetRunner and I have provided to you without any luck, my best recommendation would be to get in touch with Customer Support. Believe me, I totally understand where your concern is coming from.

They'll be more than glad to take a look into your account and see where the issue is coming from, just don't forget to mention all the steps you've taken so far to avoid getting the same ones.

Have a nice start of the week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar issues with Battery life. I have to recharge every 3 days or so even if i dont use GPS tracker or alarm or Auto sync with the app. I have been having the surge since July last year and the battery has always been this way.

I almost feel that there must be something else to battery life other than the above posted reasons. Would be great if someone can help me

Best Answer
0 Votes