Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup a Surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased a Surge, I downloaded the app for my android device. I did the following:

1) Started the Fitbit Android app

2) clicked on the menu in the upper left and selected devices

3) It displays "You have no paired devices" so I click the + in the upper right corner

4) The app asks which device am I setting up, I select -Surge-'

5) The app displays "Set it up on your computer, at www.fitbit.com/setup

I go to my computer and go to that URL, evidentially the website if for those who don't have a mobile drivce because the website states, "Don't have a mobile device available? Download for (Mac iOS or Windows)

My PC OS is Linux, so I tried running the windows program within a windows emulator. That did not work.

I refuse to run Windows and further refuse to run Windows just specifically for this fitbit device.

I downloaded the Android app and that app does run, but the website that the Android app says to go to assums that people who visit the setup URL do not have an Android device. WHY CAN I NOT SETUP THE SURGE ON THAT ANDROID APP? 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there, @bbOOmm! Welcome to the Family! Congratulations on your new Surge. When you get the information "Set it up on your computer, at www.fitbit.com/setup" is when your phone doesn't have the requirements to completely sync with Fitbit, for more information about compatible devices check the official list of Supported Devices. Smiley Embarassed

About your PC, Linux is not compatible with Fitbit either, I haven't tried an windows emulator but I I've heard that other users tried Galileo emulator to run Fitbit Connect in an Linux Mint. You can read more about in this thread Linux - Syncing Tracker.  You can try this, I hope this works. If not it would be best try with a different device. Sorry about the inconvenience you're having connecting with Fitbit.

I wish you the best of luck! Let me know if you need more information Woman Wink

Catch you later! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes