Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you re-sync time? Stats are syncing okay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been in touch with Fitbit folks a few times. But the 12 hour clock time on my FItbit surge won't change to correct time, even after holding it up to desktop Dashboard to resync it. It last synced properly  on December 18 2018.  Is it a case a pressing the buttons on the side of the FItbit Surge?  Maybe my 2 year old Surge is needing replaced? Or the sync/charging lead?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm definitely in the GMT zone! At this moment, the clock reads 9.54 , correct time is 8.15am!

So I need to wear an ordinary watch on my other wrist! Very frustrating! 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @CbWitt, great to have you here. Thanks for trying those steps, besides the steps I suggested above, you can take a look of this article: What should I know about traveling with my Fitbit?

@barrenrocks nice to see you again here. Thanks for the heads up, keep an eye on your Fitbit and let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's great to have you as a new member of our Community @barrenrocks, welcome!

That's a pretty weird thing, I understand how you feel. Thanks for all the attempts oh trying to solve this issues. Your Fitbit App should be changing automatically with your phone if the App has the "Automatic Time Zone" on in the "Advance Settings" in the option Time Zone. You can use the "Automatic" in both phone and Fitbit App.

• Check that your phone has this option on:

1. On the Setting on your phone
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

• If the "Automatic Time Zone" is not changing try these steps that some users tried a couple of months ago in regards of this issue. 

Hope this works! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana (is that correct?!) ,

Thanks for your advice. 

But I had an  experience yesterday which has mysteriously solved the problem!  Over the winter months - here in the Shetland Isles in the far north!- I have  been using my FItbit Surge while out walking, but  just measuring steps, not using the GPS to get accurate times and distances. Yesterday, however, I decided to try a jog - so I got ready, went outside, got GPS connected, and set off. After about 50 metres, the Fitbit face sort of "spluttered" and the GPS went off. I reconnected at once and continued on my way. When I completed my 10 k jog, I stopped the GPS to check my time and distance. Then I swiped  back to non-GPS mode. Lo and behold, the FItbit clock was reading the correct time again! 

Can you tell what's going on?!  I assume we don't have to use GPS, or should we always connect to GPS even just for a walk? Thank you.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your question @barrenrocks. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your inquiry. 

You don't need to be connected with the GPS all the time in order to have the correct time. Have you tried this workaround again? Do you have the correct time now? Does the time change in the Shetland Isles in the far north on winter months?

I'll be waiting for your responses. 

Best Answer

I just tried restarting my phone and surge. My automatic time is on but it's still giving me central time. I got back to the east coast from Las Vegas and it's still giving me central time from the layover in Chicago. Everything else is fine so.. I don't no. 

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. Shetland is in the same time zone as the rest of
the UK! And my Fitbit is still showing the correct time -fingers crossed
it stays that way from now on! Must have just been a bit of a "hiccup"!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @CbWitt, great to have you here. Thanks for trying those steps, besides the steps I suggested above, you can take a look of this article: What should I know about traveling with my Fitbit?

@barrenrocks nice to see you again here. Thanks for the heads up, keep an eye on your Fitbit and let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer