Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How settings influence battery life?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

(I'm not sure where the ideal place to post this question is... could also apply to other devices...)

It's obvious from various other threads (like this or this very good one) that what settings one has set up for one's device or how one uses the device can influence battery life. By and large, the more things one has one, the shower the signal. I'd like to understand RELATIVELY HOW MUCH each of these influences battery life independent of the others. (which are more or less power hungry, is a factor of 1x, 0.5x, 2x, 9x, etc..., is have HR on/auto the difference between 5 days or 10, etc...)

Here are the settings/behaviors that I'm curious about: 

• "All day sync"
  • "Always Connected"
  • "Reminders to move"
  • "Heart rate on/off/auto, etc"
  • Exercise Recordings
  • The number of silent alarms you have set
  • How many call notifications you receive
  • How often you tap the device or press the button to check your daily stats

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Zharko, Thanks posting your inquiries here in the Forums! Smiley Happy

We don't have those exactly details about how much power these settings influence the battery life of your tracker individually. The length of time your tracker can operate on a full charge depends on how frequently you use it and various settings. The tips that you read on those threads provide just a hint or an idea on how to improve the battery life of the Fitbit trackers, when you want to prioritize battery life over some Settings options.

If you aren’t tracking runs or exercises that use GPS, your fully charged Fitbit Surge should last up to 7 days. You can test your Surge depending on the Settings that you use and see if this helps to improve the battery life of your Surge.

See you around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YojanaFitbit - Thanks for your reply. I understand you don't have the exact details, but do you have a feel for the relative influence of one setting compared to another?

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Zharko! Well, it's difficult to set an specific comparison between settings since it will depend on how much you use different features. In my experience I can see the difference when I play with different features. For example for those days that I'm not that active, I turn off  the HR monitor and "All day Sync" option on my Surge and Fitbit App, and it gives a little more battery life to my Surge (2 or 3 more days). 

That's why we have some tips for users who wants to conserve battery life, but this is a suggestion only as each scenario is different and you will need to check which one works best in your case. Sorry I couldn't give you an specific number, but I wish you good luck in your research!

I'll be around, have a good one! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes