Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get voice cues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to use Nike + to track my runs which had a voice coach advising pace distance and timecevery 250 metres whilst doing the run. As Fitbit does not integrate with Nike + can anyone advise which integrated running app has voice coach similar to Nike +. I see RunKeeper, MapMyRun and Strava listed do any of these have a realtime voice coach.

Moderator edit: Subject for clairty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Runkeeper does.

Im not sure about Endomondo. I deleted it from my phone as I just dont use them any more. But I looked at Runkeeper and it is there.

I just to set it up to do a C25K as well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Wendy, I'll take a look at it, are you using it ?

Does it allow you to set voice coach distance i.e. every 250 metres, or 500 meters or 1K advise time, distance and pace ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really sure it does all that. I havent been using GPS on my Phone for a long time.

But Runkepper site is pretty good and answer most your questions

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again Wendy, I'll check it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @RussArrow!  That's right @WendyB, here are the instructions to enable the Voice Cues form the Fitbit app. 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon at the top right of the screen, and then tap Tracking at the top of the screen.
  3. If you're using Android Marshmallow, make sure you grant the Fitbit app access to the requested features of your mobile device. For more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?
  4. Choose your activity, either Run, Walk, or Hike.
  5. If you want your phone to provide voice cues during your activity, tap Use voice cues to set the voice cues you want to hear, and the frequency of the cues.
  6. Tap Start. At any time during your activity, swipe left to see the GPS map.
  7. When you're done with your activity, tap the Pause button and then tap and hold the Finish button. An activity summary shows your steps, distance, active minutes, and calories burned as calculated by the sensors on your phone.​

Hope this helps and happy stepping. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Is there a way to get voice cues on the pixel watch app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cimire  In a nutshell, the answer is no.  I don't wear a Pixel watch, so I did a little searching.  This Help article says that the Pixel watch only shows splits after the fact, in your exercise details.  So I understand why you want the feedback.  Fitbit smartwatches can only give vibration cues, even the Fitbits with speakers.

The voice cues described in this thread come from a very old feature called MobileRun.  But MobileRun uses the GPS and other sensors in your phone and it doesn't give heart rate data.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer