Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually log steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read and tried several instructions on how to manually add steps on my Surge. One says go to Dashboard and click on Log Activities at top of page - I don't have that on my dashboard. Another says to to  click on Steps, click More, go to bottom of page to Log Activities. Don't have that either! Maybe cuz I'm using an IPad? Can someone please explain how to do this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

There is no way to add steps...You can try using the PC app to add/log additional exercises, but the only way to get steps added is to either walk, run, or shake the tracker (doesn't work on my dog as he is pretty lazy).  If the tracker is not tracking actual steps, open a support ticket with Fitbit. Emujo

Best Answer

Hi @Emujo, so glad to see you here! Hello @Michelempr! In case you are looking for the steps on how to manually log an activity on your web Dashboard, you can follow these easy steps:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.

2. Click on the Log>Activities option. You can find it at the top of the page.

3. You will see some exercise icons you can choose from or search for the specific activity on the search bar. You can create a custom activity if you are not able to find the option you are looking for. 

4. Fill out all the fields (date, distance, duration, start time and calories) of your activity. The calorie burn amount is not optional, so take as reference the calorie burn amount of a similar activity to the one you are create.

5. Click Log Activity. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area. It will give you a calculation of steps depending on the distance.

Custom activity.jpg

I hope this information helps you out. Happy stepping!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

You can also add it from the app as well

Tap the exercise tile Click on the gear top screen. Search for activity and then add the info needed and add it.

Please be aware manually added steps do not go towards challenges or Lifetime steps, Or Leader board

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Exactly! Thanks for adding that information @WendyB. It's great to have options! Anything else please let us know @MichelemprCat Wink

Have a great week! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

This is a bummer because I forgot my fit bit on the charger when I took my walk today.  Oh well, try again tomorrow. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Tozzi01540. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for stopping by to share your comment. Exactly, you're right! It looks like you won't have the option to add those steps to your challenges but keep your spirit up and keep walking, I'm sure you will get a really good number of steps today too.

I'd suggest adding your vote to this feature: Include Manually Added Steps in Leader Board and Challenges. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes