Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't charge and sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm trying to set up my new Suge.It tell me I have to charge the device, but it doesn't charge.  When I try to sync the device it saids "Unknow error" (with Android, IOS, Windows 10). What can I do?

Someone can help me?

I have recived it for trying to win the NY Marathon, but now I haven't change!!!!!!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Pierita,

It's possible your Surge needs to be reset. Here are instructions on how (and when) to do it: How To Reset A Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pierita A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Surge is not getting charged nor synced. However, i would like to know if the workaround that my friend @ashley_h shared, was helpful and got your tracker to charge and sync with your account since I would like to follow up.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,  I just had my Surge replaced with a new one due to the band breaking but it won't hold charge and every time I go to setup it says that there is not enegouch battery life to proceed with the firmware update. I have attempted to reset but it just defaults to the configuration screen with the pic of the laptop/phone. Is it DOA? I managed to get it to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S5 but fails the firmware part and can go no further.

Thanks Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pbrownst Thanks for joining us in this thread and welcome to our Community! Seems odd that your replacement Surge is not getting charged. I recommend cleaning your tracker and charger's contacts with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol. Once this has been done charge your tracker for 3 hours and repeat the firmware update.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
All sorted. After reading the post about voltages on usb. I decided to
start from scratch. Removed surge from the devices list, reset surge.
Replugged back in on another usb port and started setup again. It went
through without a hitch and is fully charged.
So i am back in business!
Cheers Pete
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pbrownst I'm so glad to hear that you were able to fix this issue and it's great to hear that your tracker is working properly again. Thanks for keeping me posted!

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes