Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interference on bluetooth streaming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I have just recently bought a Surge, which is synced with my Galaxy S8+ and when notifications are enabled, I experience bluetooth connectivity problems.  I was playing music from my phone to the car bluetooth and the music kept cutting out. I also have the same problem with my bluetooth headphones.

I removed the surge from the fitbit app and then un-installed the fitbit app. Once this was done, I had no issues with streaming via bluetooth from my phone to the car or headphones.

I then re-installed the Fitbit app and re-synced my Surge. At this point, I had not switched on notifications. Once I switched on the Call and message notification, the interference I experienced earlier came back.

I have only just started using the Surge, previously I had a Charge 2, which had no issues at all with the notifications or interference with bluetooth audio devices.

I have performed a hard reset (holding the left and lower right buttons in), and the powered on the Surge, but still having the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@exsquaddie Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Cat Happy

If you are managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously, it's possible that you may experience interruptions with any consistent streaming Bluetooth.

These interruptions are a known limitation with Android and Bluetooth. You can follow some tips given in the help site.

I'll be around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however, before I started using the Surge, I had a charge 2, and with the same phone, didn't have any problems with it syncing and simultaneously streaming music to my Bluetooth headphones.

Its a mute point now anyway, as I've decided to try another brand of fitness tracker.

Regards,

Richard

Best Answer

Thanks for replaying @exsquaddieCat Happy

Sorry about the inconvenience! We really appreciate your feedback, I'll pass along the information. I understand where you coming from. Robot Sad It's bad news to know that you won't be stepping with us anymore, but it's good to have options and I also understand that you need to look for what it's best for you. In case I can help you with anything else, please let me know!

Keep stepping! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S8, Surge and my VW Touareg hands free and listening to music. I try to do steps you describe in this article, but it dosnt help me. http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1343/?q=Bluetooth+devices&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If I want to call via hands free or if I want to listen to music via car speakers, i need to disconnect Fitbit Surge connection. If I dont disonnect Fitbit Surge, the music is skipping and the phone calls are full of fizzing.

Is there any better solution?

Thanks,

Marek

Best Answer

Hi @marecekch! I'm glad to see you here! The Forums is the best place for fitbitters who are looking for answers! Smiley Happy

I was checking with our Team to see if there is something else to try in your case, but apparently we're still working on some bugs with the S8 phones and are hoping to improve compatibility soon. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Answer

Same problem here with the samsung S8+ and a Nissan Leaf and the fitbit blaze. And the fact that the blaze does not allow for turning off the bluetooth completely makes it usless to me. Returning it tomorrow.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting your comments here @forumsoldier! Sorry for the inconvenience you had with your devices, we haven't heard any information about it yet, since we expected to have better results after a couple of updates.

We appreciate the feedback and we'll definitely pass it along to our team. Hope to keep seeing you around.

Best Answer

I went out for a run the other day and had my Fitbit Blaze connected to my Samsung S8 so it would track my route. I also streamed music from Deezer. Midway through my run I realized that the tracking had disconnected and my route wasn't tracked.

Is this a known issue with the Blaze? Can I not use services like Deezer/Spotify while also connecting my Blaze to my phone for GPS tracking?

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Newrylad, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing those details, I'm glad to know that you're using your Blaze to track your runs! We don't have any information about streamed music from Deezer having issues with Connected GPS. Why don't you follow these suggestions to troubleshoot the issue. As one thing shouldn't be affecting the other.

At least 24 GPS satellites are constantly in orbit around the Earth and broadcasting data. All GPS devices, whether your phone or a Fitbit device, require a direct path to these satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions. If the signal is blocked either because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects GPS won't work. While GPS gives you a more accurate measure of distance than step counting alone, the actual accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather.

If the GPS signal is lost, your phone or Fitbit device continually searches for a GPS signal as long as an exercise is in progress, so I suggest to give it a try one more time.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer