Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the surge dead?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had the surge for quite some time now, and I bought it hoping that development on new features will continue. (like iphone notifications other than sms or calls)

I've looked through feature requests and most of the requests have been made and also implemented for the other newer shinyer fitbit devices.

the surge barely got a friggin stopwatch not too long ago and still has the same 4 watchfaces, of which the only activity-showing one doesn't display a date of any sort.

what is keeping you from implementing - say the "idle alert" on a surge?

i'm a bit disappointed and i'm guessing that either the efm32, the 64 MB of flash or a suboptimally written framework is letting the product down.

that's why I'm asking if the surge has continuing development or if it has exceeded its feature development cycle. i would reappy appreciate an honest response (not marketing wank).

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I am hoping they add activity reminders to the Surge as well. I don't think it is dead as it still has some features the new Blaze doesn't have (like GPS). I mostly use mine during workouts and my other Fitbit for general life because the Surge is bulky on my small wrist. But I do sometimes use it when I am spending a long time sedentary and writing and the reminders would be great in that situation.

Sam | USA

Fitbit One, Macintosh, IOS

Accepting solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody’s Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes