Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED always on even when shutdown

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Surge for a few years now and love it, I never had problems but in the past few days, the LED light on the back, the hearth rate sensors stay on all the time, even when the watch is shutdown. Anybody know a solution to fix that ?

Thanx

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I have a simular problem and got this reply from the FitBit team, and it did not fix my Surge but it might be worth a try to see if it helps you!

• Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
• Let go of the buttons.
• After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

After restarting, we'd like for you to manually sync your tracker, by following the steps  provided in How Do I Manually Sync My Tracker Or Watch?

Good luck!

Best Answer

Hi @halfawake70! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family. Smiley Happy

I noticed that @Gnoss has offered you a really good suggestion to resolve your issue. If so, I invite you to mark this post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions.

If this didn't resolve your inquiry, I’ll be more than glad to lend you a hand with that!

Please keep me posted!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Unfortunately it didn't work. I followed all the steps. It seems to still read my heart rate and all so I'll just keep on using it.

Thanx guys

Best Answer

Hi @halfawake70 thanks for getting back! Thanks for trying those suggestions. Why don't your "Turn off" the Heart Rate on the Surge settings, sync your tracker and then change it to "Auto". After that you can perform the restart one more time. This might work! If not, let me know so we can check the next step.

See you around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, the LED is still on even when I turn off the hearth rate monitor. The only time it turns off is when I perform the reset with the screen fading out but as soon as I turn it on again, the LED comes back alive.

It's fine, I'll just use it when I run on the treadmill. Im waiting for fitbit to have a glucose monitor watch which hopefully is coming out in the next few years.

Best Answer

Hi @halfawake70, thanks for getting back. That's an unexpected behavior from the Surge. In case that you want to give it a try, other users tried to let the battery drain out completely then charge it again to try these steps:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes