Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge got wet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge got into the shower with me by mistake 😞 Now it pretty much shut down. 

I cannot charge it. 

I cannot swipe left or right. 

I cannot click any of the side buttons. 

H E L P please. 

Thanks

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I am really sorry.

Try putting it in to rice for 48 hours.

But its probably toast and you will need to get a new one. Sorry.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Also warranty is here and getting wet is not covered

https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

Ask support what they can do for you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Hi Wendy B,
I wrapped it in cloth and left it in the sun. Then I force switched it off (left and bottom right buttons) it got back to normal when I switched it on later...lucky me 🙂
Thanks for your reply though.

iBnmnM
Best Answer

When Surge was first released it had a 50 meter depth rating, but this is tested by increasing the pressure very slowly. You cn find a youtube video of this test.

The force of diving into a pool or the flow of water out of a shower head can easily exceed this pressure, and would be a good reason not to swim with the tracker. It should however be safe with the accidental drop in water, or washing of the hands.

Best Answer
Thanks Rich,
What I landed up doing was to dry and wrap it up in a cloth, then I force-switched it off and re-booted a while later with good results. So now I'm okay. Still, when is FitBit coming up with a swim proof tracker? I do a fair amount of kayaking and would like to track this safely. Thanks.
Ben

iBnmnM
Best Answer

They already have a swimproof model, the Flex 2. As for tue Future only Fi5bit knows, and if they told us, well.. you know what follows.this line..

Best Answer

Thank you! My got a little wet and I thought it was toast! So, I reset it like you mentioned, and it works!! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Thanks!

Dana

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but there is no way a surge should be ruined by a simple shower. Maybe if your band is falling apart around the watch casing, but if you have 0 damage, this just should not be an issue. I don't shower with mine (I only stopped because the soap was leaving a white build up around the band), but I frequently run/walk in very heavy downpours and although I can't swipe the screen when the display is wet, it has never leaked into the internals. If it's under warranty I would get a replacement. Emujo

Best Answer
Thanks, I also thought that much. Got scared when it wouldn't take a charge etc. but after re-booting it went back to normal.

iBnmnM
Best Answer

And you can't sweat while wearing it either or the screen fogs up.  Duuhhhh....   Defeats the purpose of having it while working out.  But they will offer to sell you a replacement for 25% off!!!

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

My Surge did the same thing last week, I did not submerge the Surge, I just forgot to take it off before I got in the shower. It was a few days before I started the bowl of rice to dry it out. The water/fog is gone after a couple days in rice the touch screen is now working again but the screen (under the glass) looks like it is shattered underneath. Not from physical damage but from the fog? Will the screen go back to normal.... will the shatter disappear in a while? has anyone had the same problem? I am out of the warranty period.  I really enjoy this watch but I'm disappointed with the quality, i thought a sports watch would be water resistant (kinda surprised seeing FITBITS reputation), I guess I will have to change Co/brands the next time . Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer
Thankfully mine did not misbehave the way yours did. Still, it isn't comfortable to mistrust a functioning instrument when relying on a lot more then a time piece. I have two years of health record with diet and Aria etc.
Boo to Fitbit on this score.

iBnmnM
Best Answer

Hi @Bnmn, @GreenMTFIT, @clarkfp and @Runmomrun123! So glad to see you around! Thanks for the help @Emujo and @Rich_LaueCat Happy

I appreciate the time you took to place your feedback here in the Forums! Our team is always trying to get the best option for you using your Fitbit warranty so in case that you haven't contact our Support Team, please let me know so I can arrange they can contact you directly!

Again thanks for your feedback, Fitbit takes this in consideration to improve product and services!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Surge has blanked out after getting wet in the shower.  Anything we can do about it regarding a new one? 

Still trying the rice trick. 

Will

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Tendonsnap, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community. Cat Wink

It's good to know that you're trying to help your little buddy using the rice trick, it usually takes around 24 or 48 hours to dry out; but I've already requested to our support team to create a case on your behalf so they can follow up with you. You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community Forums.

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello. My surge got wet and the screen is displaying nothing. There is only this map like water mark inside my surge. Please help..

Best Answer

Ouch, I'm sorry that your tracker got wet and it seems not to be working well. Robot Sad

I would say, to make sure that all the moisture comes out of the tracker, the univesal advise of putting your tracker in a bowl full of rice should help. Something else to try would be to put it in a jar or a ziploc bag with two or three packets of silica gel pellets (the ones that come in the shoe boxes). Both, rice and silica pellets absorb moisture and will help take out any that is still inside your tracker. Be sure to leave your Blaze there for about 24-48 hrs. and then take it out and see how it works.

Let me know how it goes and welcome to the Community Forums @Rhaiven! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes