Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps, Miles, and Cals while sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday when I woke up my Surge had not tracked any Sleep, but said I had taken 16,945 Steps and gone 8.88 Miles, all while sleeping.  My stats did not change through the day from there as I walked or worked out.  No additional Steps, Cals, etc.  I also wouldn't track my Heart Rate.  I shut down and fully re-charged the battery.  This morning was even more impressive.  Again, nothing for sleep logged, and heart rate isn't working.  But while sleeping I took 115,617 Steps, went 60.7 Miles (which seems to be a huge disconnect between steps and miles), burned 7,677 Calories, and did this all in the span of 194 Minutes, without ever going downstairs - 0 Floors.  Before a couple of days ago everything was fine.   Anyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Is the Fitbit near a vibration source like a fan, dehumidifier, or even a computer CPU? It can see the vibration as steps and add false steps.

You can enter a driving record to get rid of them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy - I have a ceiling fan that is on at night, but that's been the same every night since I've owned this Surge (over 2-years).  These mystery steps and miles have just been over the past 2-nights.  I'm a restless sleeper, but..... Very odd.

Best Answer
0 Votes