Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time since last update Surge?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear,

Will there be any new updates for the Surge? It seems like quite a long time since the last firmware update?

Kind Regards,

Luc

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Nice to see you here @luc1003! Hope you’re enjoying the forums! Actually, this is a good question, we haven't receive any information about the next update and it's being a while since the last one, however, I wouldn't like giving you any false expectations or misleading info. We know that this is something that our users need and want, that's why our team is always checking your comments and posts. Smiley Happy

We advise you to stay tuned, when Fitbit sends updates the information is usually post in the official page Fitbit.com or is posted here in Forums. Thanks a million for participating in the forums and for your patience!

Have a good! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Other platforms maintain a roadmap that indicates what's planned, what's in development and what features are currently being released. Maybe a nice addition to the community site?

Best Answer

Hi @luc1003! Thanks for getting back. Actually, this is a very good suggestion. Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll pass along this information. If you're interested in getting a little of more details about what's Fitbit doing, you can check this Fitbit Page on the part "Latest News", to know about Fitbit projects. Cat Happy

To know more about other releases please stay tune! We usually post that information on the Forums!

Have a awesome day! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see now that an update is coming, but one of the major features will not be available on the surge (sleep stages)? Is that true? Why?

On your site, surge is indicated as your top watch.. Why not release all new features for this watch?

Best Answer

Hey @luc1003, Do you mind pointing out where you say the update for the surge coming up? I have been waiting to see one and would really like to see some feature advancement as I really love the watch. 

I also would like to know as to why the Surge wont be getting the sleep feature.

Best Answer

Hi @luc1003 I too cannot find this page, could you point us to it as I'd love to see what's coming up on the Surge. Been a user for 2+ years and feel it needs a refresh or at least some new watch faces!!
Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been clearly stated in the press that the Surge is not going to receive the sleep update, which is the only update I've seen discussed.

It has been clear for a while that the Surge has become Fitbit's latest dated, ugly stepchild.  With all of the known defects and blatant lack of updates, my guess is that Fitbit is just waiting to deplete inventory and either eliminate the Surge entirely or, probably less likely, release a new version.

Best Answer

As I read it now is indeed an app update. Sleep stages will not be made available. Strange decision since it is fitbit most expensive watch..

Best Answer

The sensor in the Surge is not capable of determining HRV in any meaningful way so it cannot track REM sleep. If there is a Surge 2 then it is sure to have the feature.

Best Answer

When is there another update scheduled for the surge and what will the update contain?

Best Answer

Yes I too have been patiently waiting for a software update for the Surge so yesterday I decided to set up this please vote for this so can possibly gain more attention of other Surge users! I really hope there will be one soon it has been more then half a year!

Best Answer

Hi there @luc1003@da_vin_ci@smithdappa@kidmaxx@Exercisemaniac and @Dom07! Thanks for sharing your thoughts in regards Fitbit Surge! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you sharing those links, really interesting information. In regard to the Fitbit Surge or the option to have Sleep Stages, as mentioned before we don't have any information about it. It would be the same thing as with new products. Whenever we have new trackers, they are announced in our official page Fitbit.com first. I wouldn't like giving you any false expectations or misleading info, but you can request this feature in our Feature Suggestions board: Sleep Stages for SurgeHeart

Thanks a million @Exercisemaniac for sharing this idea: Please update the Surge. I already placed my vote.

Thanks for participating in the Forums, I'll be around! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

Why not let the Surge owners have the sleep stages? We paid top price for our Surge!!! Not a happy Fitbit owner!!!

Moderator edit: Caps.

Best Answer

Hi @SandeeB, it's always good to have new faces around. Hope you're enjoying the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Sleep Stages is a new feature, so at the time that Fitbit Surge was designed this option wasn't available for Surge. As mentioned before, we're always trying to improve our user experience; I'm passing along this information to our team. Stay tune, new features and announcements about updates are usually done in our official page Fitbit.com first.

Thanks for posting and I hope to see you chatting around enjoying the Forums! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes