Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Clock Faces and Customized for Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

wow, 

So you guys take over 2 years to finally respond to that mega thread of people wanting FitBit to add some clock faces to this expensive overpriced watch.

And the response is after more than 500 replies to the thread since it was first posted in 2015, with other users wanting the same functionality.

"We took your guys suggestions and added it to our new model,  now go out and buy that!"

You guys have to be crazy,  there is no way I will ever purchase another FitBit product.

You abandoned the Surge the moment you put it up for sale.  This wasn't some low end model, it was supposed to be your flagship and your customer expected updates and enhancements to it, and for it to be supported as such.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sadly, I think you're dead on.

I came to the forums today to seek some advice on the new watches, as I'm on my second Surge (first one lasted just long enough to lose warranty coverage with a dead/no charge battery; they then tried to sell me a half price, lower end model but when I balked they replaced the Surge with a new one - that was a sour cust svc experience to have).

This second Surge has been worse than the first, although it has lasted longer - it flashes & flickers for no reason, I've had to buy 3 replacement straps from Amazon (tiny little screws holding in flexible rubbery material isn't exactly the safest for what is undeniably a 'sport' watch...) and the buttons stopped working so long ago I can't remember.

The only thing keeping me looking at FitBit is my data, of which I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble retaining since it would involve, essentially if not literally, maintaining what amounts to an endless & very expensive hardware subscription ...

Over the years I've bought many FitBit devices for myself and my family, including the earliest trackers and the original Aria scale (now also apparently orphaned). The company's attitude to the Surge leaves me thinking I need to move on. 😞

Moderator edit: Word choice.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

They've let a lot of their customer base down mate. I'll be surprised if this company is still around in the foreseeable future, not if they continue mugging people off like they did the surge users. Promised WhatsApp support etc and never delivered. Surge is just an overpriced step counter as far as I'm concerned. 

Best Answer

Agree, to buy a Surge and then not get any updates that improves it is just wrong.

Apple here I come!

Best Answer

Hi @emsomaso@chrisfromwa and @Bradders71! I'ts always great to see you in the Forums! 

Thanks for posting your input and share your feedback with us! Fitbit is always reviewing your comments to provide feedback to our product development team.  As @LizFitbit mentioned Fitbit is continuously working on offerings new products hoping we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices and services you love to help you reach your fitness goals.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers and apologize for any inconvenience about this announcement. 

I’ll see you around the Community!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
You'll see me around the apple community in the future, as probably most of the now ex Fitbit customers are

Best Answer

Yep,  my wife and I will never own another Fitbit product,  the poor quality and poor support of the product is a big turn off.

We tell everyone we know too,  and hopefully save them from the experience.

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer

Well, I just received my Surge and I can hardly see the face it's so dark. I purchased it on eBay so I returned it and the seller refunded my money. Very Nice. Now I have the Iônic watch which is fantastic.!!!

Best Answer

I have had the surge for over a year and was told you were working on the compatability for the many good popular phones mine is a Moto g5 + which still will not connect for calls & notifications. And the lack of a watch face with the day of the week is unbeleaveable . When I asked if the iconic was compatible the rep said no that engineering was working on that also . Now a year later I find you are not doing anything for the surge ,which I paid $250. And was the top of your line at the time. Do you really expect to add to your following by ignoring your customers or thumbing your at them. I can guarantee you lost a future customer.

Best Answer

Sadly, I think you're dead on.

I came to the forums today to seek some advice on the new watches, as I'm on my second Surge (first one lasted just long enough to lose warranty coverage with a dead/no charge battery; they then tried to sell me a half price, lower end model but when I balked they replaced the Surge with a new one - that was a sour cust svc experience to have).

This second Surge has been worse than the first, although it has lasted longer - it flashes & flickers for no reason, I've had to buy 3 replacement straps from Amazon (tiny little screws holding in flexible rubbery material isn't exactly the safest for what is undeniably a 'sport' watch...) and the buttons stopped working so long ago I can't remember.

The only thing keeping me looking at FitBit is my data, of which I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble retaining since it would involve, essentially if not literally, maintaining what amounts to an endless & very expensive hardware subscription ...

Over the years I've bought many FitBit devices for myself and my family, including the earliest trackers and the original Aria scale (now also apparently orphaned). The company's attitude to the Surge leaves me thinking I need to move on. 😞

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

Hi everybody thanks for posting your comments @Bradders71@chrisfromwa and @sw00pThanks for joining us @Aiostudentand @Tima71.

I really appreciate the time you took in order to place your feedback, it's really important for us. Thank you for raising your voice and choosing the forums to let us know your experience regarding products and services. Fitbit is always getting ideas and reviews from this end in order to improve the Fitbit experience.

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your new Ionic @HighNoonUSA.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or if you have any question about it.

I'll be around! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do you mean to say we should throw away our older products

Best Answer

Well you’ve forked out for the product now, so I personally wouldn’t just discard it. Like all tech there will come a time when it will need to be replaced. It’s at that stage that I would consider my options. For me it was an easy decision, as someone heavily into the Apple eco system, I upgraded to a Apple Watch. I’ve never looked back. If I were an Android person, I would have looked at Samsung Gear , or similar such device. I would most definitely not buy another Fitbit product. No brainer as far as I’m concerned. 

Best Answer

Apple watches are too Feminine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
you’ve clearly never seen an Apple Watch! 😂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone. 

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. 

If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes