Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need To Erase Surge To Sell

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought an extra Large Surge about 4 months ago and now it is too big. I would like to erase all the data so I can put it on line to sell as I just bought a Blaze with a large band last week. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,     Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @RRKPL how are you doin' today? Sounds awesome you have upgraded to the Fitbit Blaze. It is an awesome device and it has a lot of good features. Smiley Happy 

Don't worry, when a new person has the Surge, all the data that was saved on the tracker will be automatically deleted as soon as it is paired to another Fitbit account. In the meantime, you don't have to worry because nobody but you, have access to that data. 

I hope this clarifies your concern! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Not exactlty true, as I have recieved a refurbished Surge and it promptly uploaded a ton of badges to my account. I would do a factory restart just to be sure:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HighSteppinSum, welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy Normally when you complete the setup process, the previous data is automatically deleted, but if you already have a Fitbit account and earned badges, they won't be deleted. Have you already tried to set up the Fitbit Surge to your account? If not, please take a look of the different instructions on these posts to pair your Surge either with an iOS device, an Android or a computer.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
Since it was a refurbished Surge I had to delete my account to get rid of
the badges the previous owner had earned. Apparently I needed a factory
reset to clear all data.. which in my case, didn't happen;) Oh well! I'm
back in action now! haha:)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HighSteppinSum wrote:

Not exactlty true, as I have recieved a refurbished Surge and it promptly uploaded a ton of badges to my account. I would do a factory restart just to be sure:)

Hmmm, to my way of thinking that doesn't make any sense.  Why?  The Surge doesn't contain enough data history to rack up "a ton of badges".  A friend of mine bought a blue Surge and gave his old black Surge to his wife; as soon as she opened her new account and synced the black Surge, the only thing which showed up was a few dozen steps which had been taken since the last sync on the original account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HighSteppinSum, So in other words, the factory reset was enough to clear all of the previous owners data from your Fitbit Surge, right? Did you already set it up to your account? 

@shipo, normally at the moment that the Surge is paired to a new account, the previous data is deleted, but as I mentioned, if you have badges earned, they won't be deleted from your account. 

Let me know if you have more questions guys! 

Best Answer
Hey Heydy, I just received a surge from my coworker and it works great, except it continuously bypasses my phone and syncs to hers anytime I'm in range, I get texts and occasionally I'll get her data even though she has her new blaze synced to her phone at the same time. How can I get this to stop so it only syncs to my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @c_nunez2, welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy I understand you. When there are more than 1 tracker around, it gets kinda difficult for your phone to find the right one (yours), 'cause that happens to me and my coworkers all the time, so what I do, is that, when I want to sync my Fitbit, I try to stay out of range from people that is also using their Fitbit. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
i wish I knew. I got in contact with customer service(I had like 6 badges
earned right after the first sync) and they didn't seem surprised. They
told me I would have to delete my account do a factory reset and start a
new one. Which after I did worked fine..
Best Answer

Hey, @HighSteppinSum! It is nice to see you here. Thanks for your updates! I'm glad to hear you are back on track and that now you know what to do to avoid syncing your tracker to your friend's account or the other way around. This happens to us all the time. Smiley LOL

Let us know if you have more questions! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi there ! I was thinking about buying a used Alta, I have a charge now. Will all the previous owners texts / notifications etc be on it? How do I sync (or factory reset) so I can sync to mine. Thanks much , d

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Donamarie, it is great to see new members around the forums! Robot Very Happy Sounds pretty cool that you want to update your Fitbit and use the Fitbit Alta! Excellent choice! I really enjoy that tracker because of its comfortable design and features. Smiley Very Happy Let me answer your question, you just need to set it up your new tracker with your Fitbit account and when the setup process is completed, the previous owner's data will be automatically deleted. You can follow the instructions on this post to se t up your Alta with your iOS device. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Hey there!!! Got it to sync just fine 😀 I do love it ( I'm coming from the charge :). I bought a Harmon, word it for a couple days and it just didn't track as well! Fit it is the best 😀😀😂😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds pretty cool @Donamarie! Thanks for the update! Smiley Wink I knew you'll love the Alta, for me at least, is one of the best trackers along with the Charge 2. So keep it up and if you have questions regarding its usage, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

HeydyFitit - I also have a Fitbit Surge from a prior owner.  When I created my new account it uploaded 2 months of steps history and badges to my account.  To remove these do I need to delete my account?  If so, can I recreate my account with the same email and username?  Is it then necessary to also do a factory reset on my Surge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ottomakerwelcome to the Community! 🙂 hmmmm this is pretty weird, 'cause as I previously mentioned, any previous data is deleted once you set it up your Fitbit to a new account. So, let me suggest you something, repeat the setup process on your iOS device, but just log into your Fitbit account and then replace this device with the same one and let me know if the previous steps disappear, 'cause if you are just looking calories burn, that is totally normal, since the data you're seeing is an estimate of your historical caloric burn. Although Fitbit doesn't have activity recorded at that time, we can base your caloric burn activity (before you've had a tracker) via your BMR, but if the previous steps, distance, etc., don't disappear, then we will have to try something else. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I don’t know about the Surge , but normally you would “ Remove this device “ from your phone when you hit Bluetooth. Hope this helps . When I get a new one , I delete the old device and add a new one . It links to my account 

Best Answer
0 Votes