Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No post-warranty replacement

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please the email message I’ve had with “customer service” “Ihave already stated that my original Fitbit was replaced in April 2017, due to it not syncing. As the replacement now needs replacing , I consider the warranty starts again from the date the replacement was issued. I have asked for this matter to be escalated, had I been told my warranty did not reset I would have asked for a refund there and then. Two devices have now failed in an eighteen month period and is unacceptable. Can you please provide a name and email address of a customer service representative who take this complaint forward.” Still waiting for contact 5 days later. Has anyone actually experienced A ) a product this unreliable or B) a company so nonchalant about how poor their products are? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Russ16. Thanks for the clarification @SteveH, that information is really helpful.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank your for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately they are just sticking to the agreed terms and conditions.

The warranty doesn't reset with a replacement: "Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law."

And if a problem occurs within warranty then they only offer a replacement and not a refund: "If such a defect arises and a return authorization request is received by Fitbit within the applicable Warranty Period, Fitbit will, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, either (1) repair the Product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts or (2) replace the Product with a new or refurbished Product. "

The full terms can be found at the link at the bottom of this page. You are unfortunate and I can understand you are not happy but those are the terms of terms we have agreed to.

If you want to continue with your complaint you may do better to phone or web chat as customer support do not monitor these forums.

Best Answer

Understand the point you’re trying to make, however, that does not detract from the fact two products have failed within 18 months and blasé response which is received from Customer support. I’m now onto my 5th day without acknowledgement of my request to escalate the complaint.

The topic was started regarding their customer service and the unreliability of Fitbit products. Search the problems of condensation in the surge or device not syncing ( there are many more issues)and it’s frightening, considering the price of the product.

Speaking to a customer service supervisor and now and the experience isn’t getting any better . 

Our number one priority is for you to enjoy the Fitbit experience to the fullest and provide you with the extraordinary service you deserve.”  If this experience is one of frustration, disappointment and One where it feels like I’m dealing with a robot Fitbit you have delivered!! 

Basic in question are not answered , it’s as though I’m not actually dealing with a person. Does anyone know where Customer service is based? A lack of English language might explain the response I’ve received. 

Has anyone got a contact email for customer service or details of Fitbit legal team? 

Hi , I agree , have tweeted the CEO. Let’s see how much they care! I understand things go wrong, but the total lack of care or responsibility makes it hard to take.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Russ16. Thanks for the clarification @SteveH, that information is really helpful.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank your for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
However, A, the issue regarding the has not been resolved in any way shape form and B the issue regarding the poor customer service is only making the whole experience worse. I’ve tweeted the CEO no response as yet. Hardly in keeping with the idea that they care for their customers

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Russ16! We appreciate the feedback, we'll pass this information to our team.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But will anyone from the team get back to me? I’m still waiting for basic questions to be answered. At the moment Fitbit’s silence, speak s volumes about how it treats customers and deals with their poorly manufactured products.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @Russ16! I've checked with our team and they will be getting back to you shortly! Thanks for your patience!

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes