Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing with strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone having trouble syncing their surge with strava? I haven't been able to for a week now. I can do it manually but would rather not 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101

Ensure that the GPS in your phone works.
If you start an activity in fitbit, but the GPS in your phone is not
working or has some issue,
it will not sync with Strava. Do look for the small phone icon on your
fitbit and see if it has a line crossing it or not. If there is no crossing
line, it means your GPS is connected and it will record the GPS data,
resulting in the proper syncing of fitbit with Strava.

Also, one tip:
You can open your fitbit app in your phone at least 5-10 minutes before yor
start your activity and also do the same in fitbit tracker. After starting
the activity in tracker, just pause it and resume it at the time when you
actually start. This buffer time will allow your tracker and phone to
initiate the GPS properly, even it had any issues.

Also, another one, before starting the phone app or tracker, always put
your phone in airplane mode (or disable GPS button) for a couple of seconds
and re-enable it. This also sometimes help trigger start the GPS.

Hope this helps
Good luck!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Have you had other activities sync?

If not google how to sync Strava and Fitbit ~

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions.

The problem is solved and I'll tell you how below.  But a couple of tidbits I learned on the way.  First, there's an update on the Fitbit app that I hadn't installed.  I did that but after I solved the issue of the Sept. 1 run upload.  Hopefully the update will keep Strava and Fitbit in sync for future activities.  I was able to sync Peloton workouts to Strava so the problem must have been with Fitbit/Strava communication.

The way I got the Sept. 1 run to show on Strava was to upload it manually.  I went to the activity and clicked on the ellipsis on the top right.  From the dropdown I chose Export as TCX file and saved on my desktop.  Then went to Strava and hit the Plus sign inside the orange circle.  From that dropdown selected Upload Activity and browsed for the file. Voila!  Run appeared on my Strava feed GPS and all!

Here's a step by step, hopefully someone will find this helpful.

To Manually Upload from Fitbit to Strava

1. Go to activity you want to upload in Fitbit

2. Click the ellipsis on the top right

3. From the dropdown choose Export as TCX file

4. Save somewhere you can find the file 

5. On Strava click the Plus sign inside the orange circle in the upper right

6. From the dropdown select Upload Activity

7. Browse for the file and Open

8. Done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since end of July 2020 my automatic syncing isn't working anymore between Fitbit account and Strava account. I has worked since 2018 without problems.

My settings, software version etc. of my fitbit app, account and connection with Strava account are checked with Fitbit support, and should work, but it doesn't.

Made a ticket within Strava, but no answer yet. 

Best Answer

Same thing with my Fitbit account.  I wonder how long Fitbit will ignore the issue.  I have very little confidence.  

Best Answer

They fixed it once before, but it's a connection issue between Fitbit sending data to the Strava API. Probably some back-end process is no longer working and just needs to be reconfigured.

Looking to switch toGto - yes... Even after the hack I still trust their product data... Lawl - in the next month if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Best Answer

I've been having the same issue since the end of July! My last synced workout was a bike ride on 7/25 and everything after that (which, granted wasn't until 8/2) has not uploaded to Strava. I've tried revoking access, deleting the app on my watch, deleting the apps on my phone, and restarting my phone, and nothing is working 😏

Best Answer

Exactly, same situation. Still not solved and no reaction either from Fitbit nor Strava. ☹️

Best Answer

So all my workouts from the last week (8) just uploaded to strava all at once! I found a "fix" on reddit, and I don't know if that is what caused everything to upload, but it something worked! https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/httumq/fitbit_strava_integration_stopped_working_since/?utm...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this works!  Finally 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

How can you log it manually please?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, since October 2022, my activities recorded on my Fitbit stopped syncing to Strava. I spoke to Fitbit multiple times and they said that everything works fine on my Fitbit device and all my settings are ok and it has to be a Strava issue. I tried to contact Strava but they only answer emails (no phone communication possible) and it takes 1-2 days to get a respond. So far they are saying that it is a Fitbit issue and that I should contact Fitbit.

I tried everything mentioned on this thread. The only way I can get my activities to show on Strava is to download the file manually from the Fitbit website and upload it in Strava

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit are very much aware that their technology is no longer working is Strava, but they are not admitting it.

Here's a new thread I am commenting on here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Fitbit-Sense-not-sending-data-to-Strava/m-p...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine works and Fitbit works with my other apps

Hope you get yours fixed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this twice now and Strava is still a clean slate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t sync to Strava anymore. I called both Fitbit and Strava for help with this issue and Fitbit says I should call Strava and Strava says I should call Fitbit. 

The last news about it that I got from Fitbit is that they no longer support Strava. So my next watch will not be a Fitbit and I no longer recommend buying a Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having exactly the same issue since around the same time as you...and also like you I've contacted both Fitbit and Strava and they insist on passing you back to the other - This is typical of software suppliers who don't want to take any responsibility and would rather have their customers run around in circles.

What I can say is that I have had a new Fitbit since the issue started and the synching issue remains so I can at least rule out a hardware issue. I've tried revoking and re-adding access multiple times without any success. I've just about given up with Fitbit and if it wasn't for receiving a replacement I'd have already moved to Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The last I heard from them is that they are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it as quickly as possible…

I will not buy another Fitbit and won’t recommend it to anyone in the future!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I tried the above steps but still my Strava app does not show the activities from my Fitbit app.

Please suggest an alternative method.

Best Answer
0 Votes