Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications!!!!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit surge,, I can get phone notifications but not text!!! I have tried everything.Any help or ideas please 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

What phone are you using? If it is an iPhone, every time they do an update something gets broken.

Best Answer

Yeah iPhone 7plus!!! Will this never be fixed ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check your settings and permissions. 

Turn on preview and make sure notifications show up on the phones lock screen.

With a few recent updates, it looks as if apple made changes to the way notifications work to mess up third party apps. Both fitbit and Garmin have documented issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMHO if it doesn't work OOTB then just forget about using the Surge for anything except the core fitness stuff.  Ive tried everything and wasted days trying to get an older Huawei (not compatible) and a newer LG (compatible) wirking with my Surge and no matter what I do I could not get System Notifications working with any consistency with the Huawei and simply not at all with the LG (curiously Media player works 75%).  It is the inconsistency that is infuriating (works kinda....) coupled with basic error reporting (no idea where problem is) and lack of any real technical support (nice folks on the Forums but......) means I just feel that Fitbit decided to add these basic smartwatch functions due to marketing pressure rather than really committing to make it work.  The fact that a 3rd party app made the Huawei connection work better just reinforced the lack of interest Fitbit has in support of these features.  As to why absolutely no system notications (fitness & silent alarms fine) work with the new phone? Well I'm guessing Fitbit just want me to buy a newer product.  So all I can say is that if system notifications work then great, but if the most basic fixes dont help then lower your expectations unless one if your preferred exercises is banging your head against a hard object 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes