Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Octaine Fitness Smart Link Integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have access to train on a "Zero Runner ZR7" which has the ability to track stride count and length. The Smart Link app already links in with other manufacturers such as Garmin and it would be great if it could link in with Fitbit as it doesn't track my distance or steps very well. I know that I could opt to not wear my Fitbit and manually enter the data from the app but then they don't count against challenges and / or aren't a true reflection of my workout.

ZR7

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you very much for stepping into the Community @RCWensley!

I have to say, that is a very good idea. Great way to get even more accurate data! Perhaps you could create a Feature Suggestion post explaining this in our suggestion board. There, other users can vote and comment on your idea to show their support.

Hope to see you around! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies. I'm sure I'd followed the links to post it in the feature suggestions but obviously something has gone wrong. I'll re-post it there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RCWensley!

If and when you do re-post it there, it would be a good idea to then share the link to the suggestion in here. That way, other users can find your suggestion from here and show their support.

Hope to see you around! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit - in the absence of app integration, is there a way for me to record my run data more accurately? The "auto-detect" feature and "treadmill run" options record near identical data, but the latter records a distance which I was hoping I'd be able to edit but can't. Unfortunately the distance recorded is under half of what I've actually covered.

e.g. According to my ZR7 (which tracks my stride length as well as speed), I ran 2.4 miles (0.1 walk > 1.05 run > 0.1 walk > 1.05 run > 0.1 walk) in 27mins but my Fitbit reckons I only covered 1.6km (+2,403 steps) in that time frame.

Whilst I assume I could add the exercise manually, I'd rather not as I like to have the HR data and from what I understand, manually added exercises don't count towards challenges? As I'm taking part in the Virgin Pulse (GCC) I'm actively trying to encourage my team mates who also have Fitbits to increase their count and don't want to be missing out on steps myself!

Best Answer

Hello @RCWensley!

You could manually edit your running stride length on your account in order to improve the overall distance tracking. You can do so by following these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com Dashboard through a computer.
  2. Get into your account's settings.
  3. Scroll down to the Stride Length section and select the 'Set Your Own'.
  4. Manually enter the values for your stride length. Then click on the Submit button at the bottom.
  5. Sync your Fitbit.

Please let me know if you experience any further issues or considerable inaccuracies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes