Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my first surge in March 2016 and I am now on my 5th yea 5tb replacement. I have had 3 where the band had bubbled after following the cleaning and care instruction and my fourth I have had for less than a month and the charge no longer held so today had my fifth one. I am so annoyed that this cost so much money and once the warranty is up I will be left with a tracker that is a very expensive piece of rubbish. I am now looking to move away from fitbit die to relentless issues. Has anyone else had this amount of issues?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Paula21! It's great to see you in the Community! Sorry about what happen with your Surge trackers. Thanks for the time that you took to place your feedback. Please wait for a follow up email in your inbox. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I'll be around in case you need anything else! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Paula21. You're not alone. January 2016 my wife gives me a Surge so I no longer have to manually document my workouts. Sixteen days later during my workout the screen "freezes". No resetting, restarting. Nothing. Buttons don't work. I literally destroy the thing then buy another on Amazon for $245. On January 30 a Red LED appears on the right side of the display. It ultimately changes to Blue. The unit still works so I use it. I completely drain  the battery until the LED goes out then recharge it. LED returns. In May I had enough and contact Customer Service. Fitbit replaces the unit. They were great. Got it within 2 weeks. March 2017 (out of warranty) the band pulls from the top of the Surge. I reattach it with Gorilla glue. A few days later condensation appears under the glass. The solution from Fitbit according to the Forum was to place the Surge in uncooked rice. It draws out the moisture but doesn't prevent the moisture from entering in the first place. I deal with it. May 19, 2017 LED appears on the right of the screen It changes from red to orange to yellow to red. The buttons work intermittently. I bought the last Fitbit I will ever buy. A Tangerine Surge from Amazon for $208. While this one works I'm researching for another Company. Fitbit honors their warranty without question (in my experience). They also fail to correct on going and recurring issues. That's their right. Four Surges in seventeen months. A record 100% of them failing for problems that are well documented in the Fitbit forums. Machines be they cars, watches, or a pair of glasses are a lot easier to repair / redesign then a reputation for producing a product that lasts consistently less then 12 months and costs well over $200. Replacing a faulty device with another faulty device under warranty doesn't "fix" the problem. It exacerbates it. I wish you the best of luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Hi @VF31AE3, thanks for placing your feedback in this thread! As mentioned before, we're sorry about your Fitbit Surge trackers, I completely understand the frustration you are feeling and I truly appreciate you took the time to share this in the Community. I assure you that we take into consideration all the input received from our users and let me tell you that our main goal is our customer satisfaction and make the best fitness trackers ever. 

If you need anything else about your Fitbit Surge, please don't hesitate in stay in touch with us!

See you around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes