Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Lignt on Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A red light is showing on my Surge that I have never seen before. I tried to shut down but all I am seeing is the Fitbit logo and no restart. Anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hey hey hey, it's nice to see you around @Andrew654Robot LOL I have moved your post to the Surge board in order to assist you and other Surge users can check this response. It's a shame that your Surge is showing a red light on it, let me help you.

First, check if you have the latest Firmware update. If you do, restart your device following these steps:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Then sync your tracker with the instructions from this help article: http://fitbit.link/1RlUVtX.

You can check your email address, you'll receive a message with instructions.

Catch you later! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the input but when I press the 2 buttons as instructed the red light goes out and the screen slowly loses the Fitbit logo and goes blank. When I release the buttons the screen immediately shows logo and red light turns back on. So I have not been able to shut down my Surge, any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for coming back and for troubleshooting your issue with the provided instructions @Andrew654

Please check your email's inbox, you'll receive instructions to continue resolving this issue soon!

Let me know how it goes and if you need more help! Robot LOL

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue and also cant get the red light off. I followed the above instructions and that has not remedied the problem. Any other solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Gsusfriek1! It's a shame to hear that your Surge has a red light on its screen too. Thank you for following the troubleshoot steps from my previous post. Since they didn't work to turn  the red light off, I have created a case on your behalf, please stay tuned to your email's inbox to get instructions.

Let me know how it goes. Have a nice day! Robot LOL

Best Answer

I too am having this issue with my surge & the red light staying on after re-starting it & re-syncing...... it's been on for a week. I have checked my Fitbit app for updates & it's all as it should be? Any further info on how to get rid of the red light please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@W7LDV If your Surge is within the warranty period then contact Customer Service. If it is not under warranty try draining the battery to zero. This usually takes 24 hrs after the red LED goes out and the display goes blank. Once the battery as at zero plug it in to charge. If the red LED comes back on then there is no fix. However. If all other functions of the watch work then you just have to charge the watch more often and put some black electrical tape over the LED. Best of luck to you.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having the same issue with my surge. The red light is on and when I try to turn my watch off it won't turn completely off and the red light is still on. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Help!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Foley92 Hi Foley92. You're not doing anything wrong. The Red LED should not be on. If your Surge is within the warranty period then contact Customer Service. If it is not under warranty try draining the battery to zero. This usually takes 24 hrs after the red LED goes out and the display goes blank. Once the battery is at zero plug it in to charge. If the red LED comes back on then there is no fix. However. If all other functions of the watch work then you just have to charge the watch more often and put some black electrical tape over the LED. Best of luck to you. Welcome to the World of FitBit

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @W7LDV and @Foley92! Robot LOL I'm sorry to hear your Surge has a red light on too. Since you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps from my Previous post I have created a case on your behalf. Stay tuned to your email address for instructions. 

@VF31AE3, thank you for all your help! Heart

See you around! 

Best Answer

I am having the same red light problems as the rest which appears to have come with the software update.  I have shut the phone off, shut the fitbit device off many times and tried linking via the computer.  I will drain the battery, but wanted you to know that things aren't looking good.  Can't fitbit just write a script under the settings to disable that light?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you in here @MrPetie. Let me help you with the red light on your Surge issue. Has it disappeared or does it still show on your Surge?

Thank you for sharing the steps you have already followed in order to correct this error. Please follow the instructions from my previous post and let me know if the issue persists. 

Currently there isn't a script to disable this light. 

Catch you later!

Best Answer

Anyone come up with fix on red light issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gjallen1860 The only potential "Home" remedy is to run the battery to zero (24 hours after the display goes blank). Recharge and restart. If the red LED returns then you just have to deal with it and the short battery charge life. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, that's what I thought after looking at previous post. I guess deal with it or use black tape😩

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Gjallen1860Robot LOL Were you able to remove the red light on your Surge? Did you follow the instructions from my previous post? Please let me know, so I can open a case for you.

@VF31AE3, thank you for your help! Woman Very Happy

Thank you for visiting our community! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

I too have the red light and tried the tip posted to turn it off but I also am not able to get the device to turn off.

I am using the up to date operating system 16.34.5.14

What is my next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KristinS1  If the Surge is still under warranty then give Customer Service a call. If not, then allow the battery to completely drain. This is about 24 hours after the red LED goes out and the display goes blank. After. Recharge and restart. If the LED returns then it's something you'll have to live with. You will have to charge more often as the LED drains the battery faster. You can also put black tape over it to hide the light. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It´s nice t see new members in here @KristinS1! It's odd that the red light on your Surge hasn't turned off after restarting it and trying to turn it off. 

I've created a case for you and you'll receive an email from our support team soon.

Once again, thank you for your help @VF31AE3. Nice advise! Robot LOL

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

Best Answer