Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Surge band getting frayed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Twice i got a defective Surge which were replaced..The third one's band started getting frayed within 1 month and when i contact customer care they say my warranty has run out and they advise me to get a new device.Do they mean the product lasts only 1 year and we should throw it out after that?

as it is an expensive product shouldnt they advise customers that their products cant be repairec and that they dont have any sevice centres though they charge so much?

its no wonder that their products have gone off the shelves of all department stores..

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Princeherbert, you're right, having spent hundreds I also expect a product to last, or at least be able to be repaired.

I was pleasantly surprised to have my Surge replaced due to the original band tearing around the screw holes - no fuss, no delay. Same problem happened again with the next band, but outside the warranty period (I don't think too many wouldn't agree that the original materials weren't fit for purpose). I get I it that the warranty period has to be limited.

Amazon have replacement bands from $10-$40. I got mine (I suspect from the very same suppliers)from AliExpress in China, US$3.50 with free shipping, many colours, the tiny screwdriver to do the job etc. Have had it on the Surge for 2 years now & it's only just starting to show signs of wear (I work/workout with it on & it takes a hiding). At that price I'll replace it repeatedly until the Surge finally dies!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It´s nice to see you here @Princeherbert. Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments .

At this time we don´t have service centers to repair devices that are out of Warranty.

I really appreciate the time you took to share this with us. Our team works to improve our products and services.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Princeherbert, you're right, having spent hundreds I also expect a product to last, or at least be able to be repaired.

I was pleasantly surprised to have my Surge replaced due to the original band tearing around the screw holes - no fuss, no delay. Same problem happened again with the next band, but outside the warranty period (I don't think too many wouldn't agree that the original materials weren't fit for purpose). I get I it that the warranty period has to be limited.

Amazon have replacement bands from $10-$40. I got mine (I suspect from the very same suppliers)from AliExpress in China, US$3.50 with free shipping, many colours, the tiny screwdriver to do the job etc. Have had it on the Surge for 2 years now & it's only just starting to show signs of wear (I work/workout with it on & it takes a hiding). At that price I'll replace it repeatedly until the Surge finally dies!

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us and for your feedback @matlock. This information could help Surge users that are no longer under the warranty period. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes