Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Surge - configuration screen stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a replacement Surge (due to strap breaking fault) plugged in to charge up, now I can't even get past the configuration screen, tried plugging into PC with Fitbit app open, tried connecting to app on iPhone, tried holding both left button and bottom right to restart but nothing working. A little gutted as I love my Fitbit......... help 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

image.jpg

Best Answer

Can anyone help ? Even from Fitbit themselves ? 

Best Answer

I was having the same issue, until customer support suggested a full two-hour charge, and then with their help, and whatever settings they made at their end, my Surge is now working.

Try a full charge (2 hours) and if that doesn't help, chat with someone in customer support.  ( they were great.)

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Belle
Best Answer

How you doing @Taff_Williams? Thanks for joining this family! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the piece of advice @TXAnneV

@Taff_Williams I think that you need to use the computer using the Fitbit Connect program via Wireless Dongle. Please charge your Surge and if you can leave it connect while you're setting it up, it'd be great! If it is not connecting you can try to restart it a couple of times.

Give it a try and let me know how this works! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just had this problem too - both my iPhone and PC were still looking for the old fitbit. Go to "Add a Device" section on either device. The next thing that happens is it asks you if you want to forget your old device and add a new one. After this it was plain sailing.

Best Answer

Hi @conrosco, I'm glad to see you here! Sorry about what happened to your Surge!

Thanks for the steps that you've tried already. Why don't you try the following steps on your Surge to see if this help:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Then try to add set it up again. Hope this helps, if not let me know so we can get in touch with customer support. 

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes