Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rowing machine pace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi. I've just discovered that if I log a rowing machine session as a "Workout" I can manually change it to "Rowing machine" afterwards. The problem is, when I do that it says "Pace --'---" and records the distance as virtually zero. Is there any way of editing the pace or distance? I see that I can just log the exercise afterwards, but when I do that the calories are about half the level that I get from a generic workout (and even that value is less than the rowing machine estimates!). Any suggestions helpfully received. Cheers. Dan.
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @DaninOz, good to have you in our community, welcome aboard.  When you categorized an activity to a different exercise some of the stats will change accordingly to the type of the exercise. It wont give you pace since the exercise your are doing is not step based. Although it should give you distance as long you have steps recorded during the Workout session. Unfortunately is not possible to edit or manually enter the distance for the activity.

The following example is from my own account, I used a workout activity already synced from my tracker and It was changed to Rowing machine to replicate your case. As you can see it should give you distance.

Row.png

What you can do is manually logged your rowing machine session directly on your Dashboard. Doing this it will allow you to modify each of the stats, but you need to delete the activity recorded by your tracker, otherwise it will double your numbers. If want to try this, I explained the steps in the following post for manual activities.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to add rowing machine to my surge

but I can't do it from my iPhone.  Connecting to the computer using the little fiber is very problematic it really never makes a connection.  So I am really  disappointed with the surge. 

Best Answer

Good morning @Rdobosh, welcome to the Forums! In your iPhone you can  tap on the tile " Track exercise" then look for the workout and tap on it. In the upper right corner you will see and "arrow" point right, it will take you to a different screen where you can type "Rowing Machine". Smiley Embarassed

Have you try that? In case that you're encountering issues with this option, let me know! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I'm brand new to fitbit and am incredibly frustrated that it's so step focused.

Today I did 60 minutes on a rowing machine, recording my heart rate using fitbit under the general "workout" setting. I then edited the workout to "rowing machine" - all good.

But I row competitively and need to track everything I do. 

How can I edit distance to note that in my 60 minutes I covered 14km (for comparison next time I do that workout)? I can add it as a previous activity but I then lose my heart rate data... which I also need.

This is supposed to be for people who are into exercise but so far I'm not impressed.

Can you help me work out how to edit the activity to rowing machine and then edit distance?

Best Answer
0 Votes