Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splits / Laps for hiking?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I hike a trail that is approximately 3k up and back.   

How do I set up my Surge to save the time/split when I reach the top and keep the time running for the total hike?

Is there not a Lap feature in the Hike activity setting?

Sorry if this is an obvious one but I just don't see it.   

I have certain points on the trail that I use to set my pace, for example a large round rock about halfway up and I try to reach that by a certain time.  I would like to be able to just click a button to save this time I reach my waypoints while my total time keeps rolling.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Monte

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No i am sorry to say that the only way to have splits when hiking though there is a way to do something similar to this which would be using the "lap run" option which you can choose:  When you are at your preferable place press the lap button (top right) while in the exercise and it will show your stats for lap 1 (coming up the hill in your case) and lap 2 coming back home or just to the base of the hill. and it will show you the stats for lap 1 and 2-going for the hike and coming back down. the only down side to this though is that this will show that you were running laps and not going for a hike sorry about that. Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and suggestion/workaround.

I have been playing with all the settings and modes since I posted and pretty much figured out that it cannot be done.

The exercise super watch as they market it should have this option built in.  I am certainly not the only person who goes on out and back hikes whether up and back down or on the flat and uses waypoints for setting pace.   

The reason I use waypoints is because using simple distance cues for pace is not that usable for trails that have extreme elevation changes.  The pace for my Km's change from 6m to 14m during my hikes.  I would like to be able to push a button at say 2.4k and have that recorded.  And again during the hike when needed.   With other trackers I have had I just used the lap function and it set these as laps and continued on with the total.   

Best Answer
0 Votes