Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band bubbling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am so frustrated and saddened by the lack of support or concern with the poor quality of my Surge band. I bought a Surge just over a year ago. As a runner I thought this would be a great training tool. I love the Surge but in less than 8 months the band started to bubble. Fitbit replaced the tracker for me but  less time than the first tracker the band on the second one started to bubble. I called Fitbit and was told the tracker was no longer under warranty and they couldn't replace it. I could have a 25% discount for a new tracker of my choice. I suggested that wasn't adequate and would like a replacement because clearly this was a manufacturing issue. (I never get the band wet). The CSR was lovely and I was shipped another replacement. The third Surge arrived and it won't hold a charge...call Fitbit again, multiple phone calls and emails later and after a conversation with a supervisor, I am told the 25% discount is the best they can offer. I am so very disappointed as I have owned many types of Fitbit trackers, working up to a Surge (which at the time of purchase was over $300 Cdn). I truly wanted to stay loyal but I will look at the competitors as I want a product that I can rely on for more than a few months and want to support a company that will stand behind their products.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi. I've got the same problem with my Surge. The wristband started bubbling from both sides at the edge of the watch. I was able to activate the warranty and I've just got a new one. Meanwhile, price of Surge is going down in retail shops (about 20% in one year). I found on a merchant website that we can get a new wristband for around 14 USD (posting abroad costs more). And for the help of the replacement I found a video on you tube that explain all the process (not so easy finally) but maybe a professional watch caretaker could do.

Hope these information help you. 

Moderator edit: word choice.

Best Answer