Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strap for surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looking to replace my broken surge strap, ordered 2 that hasn’t fit, can’t see where I can buy an original one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, when fitbit designed the Surge they did not intend the strap to be replaceable so they don't offer replacements and changing the strap with a 3rd party band invalidates any remaining warranty.

If you are still within warranty then contact customer support as you will be eligible for a replacement fitbit. The warranty runs for 12 months from purchase (or 24 months if you are in Europe) and you can contact support via: contact.fitbit.com

If not then check out YouTube for help with fitting replacements. It seems to be quite fiddly and you do need some DIY skills so it may be that ones you have can be made to fit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, when fitbit designed the Surge they did not intend the strap to be replaceable so they don't offer replacements and changing the strap with a 3rd party band invalidates any remaining warranty.

If you are still within warranty then contact customer support as you will be eligible for a replacement fitbit. The warranty runs for 12 months from purchase (or 24 months if you are in Europe) and you can contact support via: contact.fitbit.com

If not then check out YouTube for help with fitting replacements. It seems to be quite fiddly and you do need some DIY skills so it may be that ones you have can be made to fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, spoken with customer service, what so annoying that the tracker(watch) is still working fine. Looks like a new watch ☹️ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used a 3rd party strap, and then had to use my dremel to get the band on, if you do this be carefull of the GPS Chip in the band, it also has to be moved. I ve been thru 3 bands now and am having trouble now with the touch screen, I like the device and functions (when they work) but will not buy a fitbit again because of the poor hardware design, and short life span.

Best Answer
0 Votes