Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava sync failing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just completed a run, using my Fitbit Surge to track it. It shows up in the dashboard on the web, and in the app as well. However it does not show up in Strava. 

Ive tried revoking Strava app on Fitbit, and also revoking Fitbit app on a Strava. Then I logged out of both, logged back in, went to Strava.fitbit.com and enabled the sync again. Still nothing. 

Suggestions?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MhowitzerIt's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Very Happy

Thanks for trying that too!  As you already tried all the steps that we could try from our end, I would consider contacting Strava Support directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App we have to do so. I hope the issue gets solve soon!

Keep me posted on the resolution! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Well it eventually synced, about90 minutes late. Better late than never!

Over and out. 

Best Answer

Hope you’re enjoying the forums @Mhowitzer, welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a million for the information! Good job with the troubleshooting steps, that's what we adviced to try whenever the Apps are having issues connecting. Other step that you might try in case that you need to, is uninstall the Apps or log out and log back in from both Apps. Hopefully, you don't need to; but really appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

I'll be around in case you need anything! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

this a happened again. I've tried following the same procedure to fix at as I did last time, and I e waited over 24 hours. But I still only see my run on the Fitbit side, not on Strava. What else can I do to fix this?

thanks

M

Best Answer

Hi @MhowitzerIt's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Very Happy

Thanks for trying that too!  As you already tried all the steps that we could try from our end, I would consider contacting Strava Support directly; take a look of the Resources for the Strava App we have to do so. I hope the issue gets solve soon!

Keep me posted on the resolution! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Hi

i got in touch with Strava support. They said that there seemed to have been a problem with the format of the Fitbit data at the time. We resolved this by exporting to TCX file and importing that manually into Strava. 

Thanks again for you help. 

Best Answer

Hi @Mhowitzer! Thanks for letting me know that information. Smiley Happy

Hopefully this issue gets fix shortly, thanks for taking the time on doing those steps  as a workaround. Did you have any issue exporting to TCX files? I heard that some users were having issues with that option. 

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I had no problems exporting the file. I used an iPad, exported to cloud, and imported to Strava from there. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for that @Mhowitzer! If this changes, please let me know! Robot wink

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips.

This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Catch you later! Heart

Best Answer