Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not used my surge for 8 months. It was packed away during a move and recently unpacked it. It was in perfect working condition before and packed away safely. After attempting charge the fit bit shows warning battery sign when I unplug the fit bit and immediately dies! Surely this is not a coincidence? Absolutely nothing has affected the fitbit and use has not been an issue however now it decides that it cannot charge? I spent over $300 on this and now am I to presume my only option is to buy another watch?

Before a fitbit mediator comments please do not patronis me with links on how to restart it. I have read through many forums on this and understand that most people have resorted to replacing the battery themselves via ebay and YouTube tutorials. 

Genuine help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm sorry but you wont like this either. When these batteries are not charged for a long time it kills them

Google has some tips about reviving

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me.  I stopped using the surge for a while and then it wouldn't work when disconnected from the charger.  I don't recall reading any warning about this.  I will not buy another Fitbit of they suffer from the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this an issue with every Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes