Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge floors Count Wildly Inaccuate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Completed a 20,000 step walk around the neighbourhood.  My Surge claims in this walk I have climbed 164 floors.  Is there a way to turn off the floor count?  I do not wish for this inaccuracy to impact upon my statistics.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Woman HappyHeart

Wow, that's a lot of steps. Congrats! Now about your floors, I think that your Surge altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure, got those extra floors based on the elevation your trackers sensed. Weather change can occasionally cause your tracker to register an extra floor or two, for example as a gust of wind, if you're too close to AC, drive a car with open window, etc. Cat Embarassed

This is a default option so there is no way to turn it off. Luckily floors don't interfere with your daily or weekly calories burned total or have any other impact on your statistics. Sorry you had this bad experience with your floors but there is no option to delete floors. I hope you can keep using your Surge to track your runs regardless of your this. 

Enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Woman HappyHeart

Wow, that's a lot of steps. Congrats! Now about your floors, I think that your Surge altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure, got those extra floors based on the elevation your trackers sensed. Weather change can occasionally cause your tracker to register an extra floor or two, for example as a gust of wind, if you're too close to AC, drive a car with open window, etc. Cat Embarassed

This is a default option so there is no way to turn it off. Luckily floors don't interfere with your daily or weekly calories burned total or have any other impact on your statistics. Sorry you had this bad experience with your floors but there is no option to delete floors. I hope you can keep using your Surge to track your runs regardless of your this. 

Enjoy your day! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am also having the issue with the ridiculous floor counts...The past 2 days, my surge went totally nuts in that regard, 133 floors the day before yesterday, 225 floors yesterday..

I know from reading earlier posts, that it is somehow related to the altitude sensor in the surge, and that it does not affect your statistics, such as calorie count..

But then I have to ask :

If it is irrevelant, why have it in the first place ?

If the calorie count does not include number of stairs climbed, how accurate can it be ? I think we can agree that somebody who climbs 10 floors on a day, burns more calories the somebody who doesn't....

I also wish that fitbit would come up with a solution to this, either, somehow fix the altitude sensor, or maybe introduce new firmware, without the floor count, since it doesnt count anyway..

Just telling us to not worry about it, since it does not affect the calorie count, doesn't quite cut it, imho.

Best Answer

I agree.  The product is expensive and flawed.  Fitbit needs to do more to correct this issue.  Otherwise, my next watch will not be a Fitbit.  Try to do better.

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback @SunsetRunner and @MTT3107Smiley Happy

I understand your point! Most of users use this option to have general stats, for example Hiking But the difference between running and climbing stairs will be determine by your steps plus your Heart Rate. Even though, I think that you have a really good suggestion. Thanks again for sharing!

Till next time! Robot Happy

Best Answer

I have had a surge for 8 years and it is suddenly counting floors inaccurately, over 200 yesterday for 11000 steps. There has been no weather change. What is the solution for this? All I see are non-answers.

Best Answer

The solution to this seems to be to buy some other brand! Clearly Fitbit have no interest in selling a functional product...

Best Answer