Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Buttons Dont work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The buttons don't work. The swipe function works but the displays are way off. Not centered.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back! You're totally right, when you're having issues with the buttons of your Surge there is too little what you can do to get it to work. Some users let the batter drain out completely instead of a restart but I'm not sure if this will help.

I suggest to wait for the follow up email, since out Support Team can help with some other details.

Please keep me posted on the resolution! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Welcome to the forums!

I would contact support as it sounds like you cant even do a restart

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi Wendy,

im in the similar boat, my select button doesn't work, ive looked at resetting but as my select button doesn't work then how can i reset my fit-bit surge without the use of the select button?

regards

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner and @Saskatoony Thanks for posting about the issue you're having with your Fitbit band! Welcome both to the Forums! Smiley HappyHeart

As @WendyB mentioned, this is something that our team needs to check with you directly. I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Hi,

The whole issue is that my select button the one on the right hand side bottom doesn't work, so therefore how can i use this to do a reset when the button goes in and you can hear it click but there is no function actions.

It syncs no issues there, but if i go for a bike ride the wee icon to use to start doesn't work hence why the select button is the issue.

thanks 
Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back! You're totally right, when you're having issues with the buttons of your Surge there is too little what you can do to get it to work. Some users let the batter drain out completely instead of a restart but I'm not sure if this will help.

I suggest to wait for the follow up email, since out Support Team can help with some other details.

Please keep me posted on the resolution! Cat Happy

Best Answer
Hi

Have been offered a replacement as the Fitbit in question was one sent by
yourselfs as a replacement for my new Fitbit which strap broke.

To note I've lest the battery run down and reset it that way but nothing
changed.

Thanks
--
Paul Alexander
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for your quick reply @SunsetRunner! Too bad it didn't work, but thanks for trying that option anyway. Cat Embarassed Good thing is that our Team already gave you the next step, hopefully you'll be back and running soon!

I'll be around in case you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Thank you all so my. This is a fabulous community. I appreciate all the ideas unfortunately the surge is dead in the water and nothing works except the time. 🤣

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Ohh! Cat Embarassed Too bad, did you get information from our Support to see your warranty options? I hope you can keep stepping with us! Let me know if I can do anything else for you!

Happy day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My options button on the left side doesn't work. I received as a replacement for falling apart strap.It was difficult to press when it arrived, but after two weeks it had completely stopped working. If I let the battery run out I'll never get it running again. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit does not scroll any way, I called customer support and after shutting it up ( pressing the left side bottom at the same time as the right side bottom) it never worked. There is no place to send it since Fitbit can't fixit it; and I have been using it for three years no warranty for it. So they offered me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit but only certain models not including the New model. So long my dear Fitbit users, hope you won't make the same mistake I did of buying a product that has no more than three years lifespan. Anybody can suggest a good product? 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to the Forums @BDangBill! Nice to see you here @Colonbe, sorry guys for the issues you're having with your Fitbit trackers.

@BDangBill I think that it's really important to report the issue that you had with your Fitbit, so the can take care of it. Please let me know if you need help with this so I can request a case for you with our Support Team. Cat Frustrated

@Colonbe Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

While it may appear the buttons are not working try a reset by holding the left button and right bottom  button together. I was in a similar boat and was sure buttons were not working. While the book says the screen fades after 10-15 seconds I found it took about 30 seconds.

Once the screen has faded wait 20 seconds and press the left button. The Fitbit arrows should then appear on the screen.

Hope this works for you as well

Best Answer

Same here my left button not responding..any other ideas how to reset and get working,have sent me a replacement but no confidence in your product will be selling it on and going elsewhere for fitness tracker ..hello garmin 

Best Answer

Hi @Tryingtwo and @Wij07, good to see you here!

Thanks a million for the workaround @Tryingtwo, I'm sure it will help others.

@Wij07 Sorry to hear that your replacement is not working properly. I've requested our team to create a case on your behalf, so they can check your request. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

I'll around in case that you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Thanks but have had 3 replacements and each having a fault the product is just not fit for its purpose,keep sending out same model which obviously from feedback and comments online it is riddled with faulty I am so frustrated after spending £150 for a watch,I will be looking at other options such as garmin or something reliable 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Wij07! I appreciate the feedback you provided.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer

TryingTwo, that solution to hold in the left and bottom right buttons works great if the buttons work. If you look at the title of this thread, it's about buttons not working. On mine, the main (left) button would not work at all, so holding it in 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 seconds didn't matter because the button would not work. I eventually got a replacement, and with buttons that work, you can indeed reboot your fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi @YojanaFitbit I have reached out twice to fit bit customer service about issues with the battery on my watch and all i have ever got as feedback is "reset your watch" 

this has been an ongoing problem as the battery doesn't last more than 10 hours NEVER! i cant wear this watch except to workout unless i wanna be wearing a watch that is completely dead. can you please help me get this thing returned/refund? i am so unhappy and disappointed with this product I've probably used it for a combined total of 90 days if that because it is so bad

Best Answer