Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Buttons Dont work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The buttons don't work. The swipe function works but the displays are way off. Not centered.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @BDangBill and @SunsetRunner! Thanks for your participation.

Thanks for sharing your thoughs @BDangBill, As mentioned before, if you already troubleshoot your Fitbit it's best to check with our Team as they will see your options.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your feedback. I've requested a case for you, they will be getting in touch to review you warranty options.

I'll be around!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

The customer service is great..unfortunately the product does not match,will not issue a refund just send out another faulty surge until warranty’s run out..soooo disappointment,I will not be buying again will find another tracking device😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are many of Us that wont be buying again Fitbits, neither recommending to nobody. Is amazing how a company just let us (customers) go down like this. Is sad for all of their employees, that do good work if the company don't support their customers, nothing they be able to do.

Best Answer
I've had the same problem today. I decided to test an unused Surge (it's a 2017 replacement for a defective unit) because I've realised it's very unlikely that my Ionic will last anywhere close the 9 hours I need this Sunday's Comrades Marathon. (Has anyone got the advertised 10 hours GPS out of the Ionic?). My hobbled-together plan was to use an Ionic and Surge, only to have the new Surge fail completely: took it out of packaging, added it to my account, and charged it overnight. But guess what? None of the buttons work and I can't reset it. I'm travelling in South Africa and would really like to get it working before Sunday. New unit, but it's out of warranty as a replacement.
Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Hi @Wij07@Colonbe and @pedris, thanks for posting your feedback. If you have questions about your Fitbit warranty you can request more details to our team.

@pedris thanks for sharing the details of the issue you're having with your Surge and Ionic. With your Ionic you can try these tips to improve the battery life while using GPS. And about your Surge please follow these steps, as it sounds like your Surge is not finishing the update of the software. If you it is not restarting, try to perform same instructions while it is connected with the charger on your computer.

Hope this helps and good luck on the marathon.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.My left button is not working on a new 5 day old charge.I was told to hold the left and bottom right buttons together..but doesnt happen as the right button doesnt work 

Best Answer

Hi @Princeherbert, it's great to see you here.

Sorry about what happened to your Surge, thanks for trying the restart. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!!!!! My surge buttons are not working either I’ve tried everything and nothing works!!! The only thing that works is changing the clock face, but i can’t keep doing that everytime I want to workout, it is very inconvenient!!!

Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @Princeherbert, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Sorry about what happened to your Surge. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. They are in charge of checking the warranty information to see possible options. If you have questions about it, please feel free to reply to the last email you got from them.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The button on my surge doesnt work so i let battery run out to stop my run but now its not recording and stopping the middle of my run   ugghhh i use the surge for my runs/exercise and my flex for all the time use, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I don't know if this thread is still being followed or answered, but the buttons on my Surge stopped working a few months ago. It's about three years old, so the warranty is no longer applicable. This watch was a replacement to my original (the band ripped at the screws) and it has worked well since I received it. It's almost time for me to get a new fitness watch, and I was leaning toward the Ionic because I have truly enjoyed my Surge. Now that the buttons no longer work, and remembering the ripped wristband from before, I am wondering if I should consider another brand ... if you guys had a fix action for these buttons, it would definitely get me in favor of upgrading to the Ionic.

PS - The resets don't work for me since the buttons don't work.

Thanks,

Bart

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is utterly ridiculous. Sure, many Sure owners so not have this problem, but there are enough that do for it to be obvious there is a serious design flaw.

I just got my Surge today, as a gift, from someone that will it as a door prize. No receipt, no warranty, etc.

Buttons do not work properly. Cannot to a forced reset by holding in there buttons, because the buttons don't work.

I really don't care, as it was a gift, but I will be strongly encouraging anyone that **ahem** to never but anything from Fitbit after reading this thread and experiencing the same problems and seeing that they are not being resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The warranty starts when you activate it in your Fitbit account. You don’t need a receipt.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. 

I’m having the same problem with my surge. The buttons won’t respond and I am unable to reset even after I let the battery drain.

Best Answer
0 Votes