Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wont sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the surge for Christmas. I don't check progress everyday. Checked my phone 2 days ago and my tracker can't be found. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Nothing is working. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm happy to see you here @Kje357, please receive a warm welcome! Congrats on your Christmas gift. You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Surge" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Surge should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • The phone must be bonded with their tracker
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I'm happy to see you here @Kje357, please receive a warm welcome! Congrats on your Christmas gift. You can try to log out/in from the App or  restart "Bluetooth". Once you've done that to Force sync your tracker Tap on "Account" in the Fitbit App, then tap on your "Surge" picture and find the option "Sync now" to force sync.

In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing and getting notifications with your phone, for more info check this suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If that doesn't work let's check some requirements that your phone and Surge should have in order to successfully communicate:

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • The phone must be bonded with their tracker
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on. If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update iOS for Android  Settings > About phone > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby (or has Bluetooth disabled).
  • Your tracker's battery should be fully charged.

If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Hope this helps and welcome again! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you, restarting them both fixed the problem.

Best Answer

It's great to have you in the Community @Toodlesmac! Fantastic, I really appreciate you getting back to me to give your feedback. So glad to know that you're back on track. Please do not hesitate in coming back to the Forums in case you have more questions! Cat Tongue

I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

I have tried all your suggestions and mine still won't sync 😞

Best Answer

My Surge downloaded the update after I disconnected the cable. Seems like it syncs over the Bluetooth only, I used the dongle. And after the update, it seems to be in sync with the pp on the computer.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums guys, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Very Happy

@diymom26 Too bad, but thanks for trying those steps! Which model of phone are you using? Did you get an error while trying those steps? Remember always to check the syncing requirements to connect via Fitbit App. If already tried so, you can try to sync with other device or via computer using the Fitbit Connect. I'd also try a couple of more restarts on your Surge. 

@TanyaSolyanik Got it, good job! So, is it okay to keep using the computer or you would prefer to sync with a mobile device? 

I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

After the update, I sync'd up with the phone (Windows) via the Bluetooth too, everything works! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TanyaSolyanik! Thanks for getting back. It's good to know that you're back on track! Yuppie! Smiley Very Happy

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

See you around! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

Hi, tried all suggestions above and still cannot sync and also now cannot reinstall the surge on the iphone app... it's been searching for the last 15 minutes?

Best Answer

Hi @Vbechelon!  Thanks for popping by the forums, welcome! Heart 

Thanks for trying the steps above. Are you getting an specific error or message? Please check that your phone is in the list of compatible devices and check again the syncing requirements to connect properly. Which model of phone are you using? Have you tried to connect it via computer?  Remember to restart your Surge a couple of times before trying again! 

Keep me posted on the resolution! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for your reply. Had to sort direct with fitbit customer service in the end. Unit turned out to be faulty and they have replaced it for me.

Best Answer

Hi @Vbechelon. You're very welcome. Now we know why those steps didn't work. Cat Frustrated

Good thing is that you got your replacement at the end, so doing all those steps was worth it! Thanks for the heads up. Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Woman Wink

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics

Catch you later! Heart

Best Answer

I have tried the various resets and remal of device and re syncs as on your forum , but the touch screen will not let me swipe. if i press the home button get the run screen and can start only this application.

is there anything else we can do ?

Best Answer

Hi @Sparkey11Hope you will have an excellent time here. Welcome aboard! Cat Happy

Thanks for trying those steps! I'd like to know which device and model are you using to sync your Fitbit, please check that both the Fitbit App and the phone version are up to date. Also, try these steps once again in your phone and please let me know if you encounter any type or error; before trying to connect it via computer.

Hope this helps, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I use normally blue tooth iphone for syn though tried multiple ways - cable
to computer etc to get swipe to work .
no success with multiple resets on the watch .

All information is still being transferred to the fit bit app .

I really like the surge - though at $365 dollars and less than 12 months
use and then happens i am quite frustrated .
what else can i do

--
David N.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Sparkey11! Thank you for clarify the issue for me. Cat Happy

I've noticed that if you do small changes on the Settings of the Fitbit Surge, for example turn Off and On, the Heart Rate monitor. And then you force sync it with your compatible devices after multiple restarts, can do the trick on your Surge. Give it a try, hopefully it will do the trick! 

Hope this helps! Woman Happy

Best Answer

tried this no luck -any other suggestions ?
--
David N.

Moderator edit: Personal information.

Best Answer

Wow @Sparkey11, sorry it didn't work. It's odd that this is happening to your Surge. Cat Embarassed

Please, keep an eye on your email inbox, since I've gotten in touch with our Support team so they can check with you directly. Let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Thank you for your participation in the community! Heart

Best Answer

All of your suggestions have been tried by me numerous times. This is my second Fitbit Surge that has done the same thing; and at the cost of these Fitbit- you should by now have a "real" solution to this issue, which should not be an issue in the first place- thank you but your suggestions flat out do not "work".

Best Answer
0 Votes