Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surge replacement issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My replacement surge isn't syncing/pairing properly. This has been happening for at least a month or so since I had the replacement. I sometimes manage to pair by setting Bluetooth to classic but it's intermittent.
Also I'm struggling to find the data on my app from my old surge, to boot.
Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14
Contact Fitbit and they should be able to help you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around @Darks1deSmiley Very Happy

If your Surge is still not syncing, try to restart your Surge by pressing and holding the left and lower right buttons until the tracker dims, and press any button to bring it back on; and this has not worked, I would recommend following the steps listed in this master post from @HelenaFitbit.

It would be a really good idea also to turn off your phone for a moment, access to your Bluetooth settings and delete the Surge, then pair it back as a replacement. In case that you need more help, follow @Activegal suggestion and contact Customer Support.

I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have tried all your suggestions before and it's an issue that keeps happening.

I did the same steps for original fitbit so have been using the same techniques with the replacement.

It does seem rather defeatist that in order to charge and update I always have to switch off, restart and reconnect from fresh with my phone. 

I have tried talking with customer services and seem to be getting nowhere. 

Could I ask for the full contact customer service/company details for someone based in the uk as I am looking to contact an ombudsman service. After searching on the fitbit website it's hard to locate the exact details.

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not as well as one would think. They just seem to be fobbing me off with general restart,  refresh etc. Basic generic troubleshooting 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities @Darks1de! Thanks for getting back, it's great to know that you already contacted Customer Support, I would suggest to try one more time, I think that they need to troubleshoot the issue and do some research to understand what is happening.

Customer Support will give you the details in regards of the information that you need and what is the next option you have.

Give a try again and let me know the resolution of your case! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Did they have u e mail them a bug report yet I had to do that n the past and a day or so after seems they must of found the issue and fixed it however if u use more than 1 tracker it seems to b helpful to restart both  

Best Answer

Hope you're doing great @Roadragemustang! I haven't received specifically a report, since Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology is the one that syncs with mobile devices and some computers, we need to make sure about certain requirements and conditions for syncing: 

• The Fitbit app is installed on a supported device. To check the list of supported devices.
  • The software on your mobile device is updated. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • If your iOS device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously.
  • If you receive call, text, or calendar notifications on your Fitbit tracker, your tracker has a Bluetooth "bond" with the mobile device that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the tracker from syncing with another mobile device or a computer. In this case to quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't critically low

After checking all this requirements, we can start to troubleshoot the issue. If you have two trackers in the same account, they will sync in the same way as if you had only one. That's why we need to double check this information to understand how Fitbit trackers connect with other devices. Robot wink

Also depending your Android device, these tips might make syncing easier:

• The Always Connected option in the Fitbit app is on. This improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and tracker. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your tracker to drain more quickly than normal.
  • You've tried turning on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your mobile device or tracker.
  • If your Android is 6.0 or above have experienced issues with syncing improving your syncing experience with the Fitbit app for Android doing some changes in your permissions and location services settings, check the instructions in this post.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have tried all of these suggestions, checking Bluetooth, all day sync, app update, system update, permissions  and it still won't sync. I have a galaxy s8+. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tanya_Echols! Hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Thanks for confirming the steps you've tried! Smiley Happy

This's really odd! Is your Surge getting to connect with any other device? Can you please restart your Surge a couple of times and check if it is able to connect with any other device. As it might be your Surge the one that is having hard time connecting. Do you have that option? So, we can confirm this theory!

Hope you can, please keep me poste! 

Best Answer
I reached someone on chat Sunday and we tried multiple things with no success. We concluded that the best thing to do is for me to purchase another fitbit.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Best Answer
I have to constantly restart my surge, Bluetooth, force stop the app an a
whole host of other options.

I'm totally disgusted with my fitbit purchase and when anyone speaks to me
about fitbit I discourage them from purchasing. For a device that cost
nearly £200 and a company so large, I really expected more.
Best Answer

Hi @Tanya_Echols and @Darks1de thanks for getting back! Sorry about the issues with your replacement. Checking with our Support Team is the next step as they have special tools to check your Fitbit functionality or verify your warranty options. But thanks a millions for feedback!

@Darks1de Please let me know if you need me to open a new case in your behalf so they can help you out with this!

Till next time! Cat Happy

Best Answer

Yes, I need to open a case. I'm having more issues. The surge won't recharge properly, full day on a plug not pc and lasts less than a day and now there is bubbling on the front lower strap. This is ridiculous. I've had two replacements already. I'm really not impressed with the product or the experience from fitbit. Last time I only got a replacement because I'd spoken to an ombudsman and contacting fitbit to resolve the issue was the first step. Otherwise you weren't bothered trying to resolve the issue.

Poor poor poor!

Best Answer

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshoots @Darks1de! Keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps. Since, in order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer