Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wont sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the surge for Christmas. I don't check progress everyday. Checked my phone 2 days ago and my tracker can't be found. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Nothing is working. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @Weathergirlwiz! I think that I already responded you in a different thread. When you try to force sync your tracker with no good result. It's best to disconnect it completely from the Bluetooth and from the Fitbit App. So you can reconnect it later on. Did you try those steps? I'd like to know more details of the steps that you already tried and also the model of device that you're using.

Please keep me posted! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for your suggestions.  But they didn't quite work.  I followed all the steps in your last series and was in a repeating "try again" loop  It stays "searching."  At one point it did say "We Found!" and "connecting "  but then that failed.  What next to try?

Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @rscullin, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Thanks for trying those steps! When your Surge is having hard time connecting but it's giving the option to try it again. I'd recommend trying again restarting the tracker several times and if you get the error again force quite the Fitbit App and force close the Bluetooth on the phone. Remember to check that both your phone and Fitbit App are up to date. Which model of phone are you using? Is there any option to use a computer to make it connect via Fitbit Connect?

Keep me posted! Cat Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

A number of us started having sync problems with Samsung Galaxy 5's when it recently did a software update.  Here's the thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Exercise-Tracking-not-syncing-after-v80-firmware-upgrade/m-p/2...

I don't know if something similar is happening with the Galaxy 7's.

Best Answer

Had the same issue. Surge did not connect neither to PC or cell phone. Restarted Surge few times and it worked. Thanks for info!

Best Answer

Hello @JayMR thanks for this information. @YMishtal welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

@JayMR Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, if you're using a Samsung device and you started having syncing issues after receiving a system update on or after August 8, 2017.   I wanted to let you know that our team is still working to understand the changes that were included in the system update provided by Samsung. These types of bugs are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. Cat Embarassed

You can keep up with the information provided in this thread: Fitbit trackers not syncing after Android software update 8/8.

@YMishtal So glad to know that your Surge started working after the restart. Let me know if you ne

Thanks a million for your patience! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know about the situation and the other thread. I'm now able to sync via my mac but not by my phone.

Best Answer

You're welcome @JayMR! Thanks for the heads up! Feel free to keep feeding that thread with your information. User usually alert us and help us with most recent information. I'll be around in case you need anything else!

Happy to see you around! Cat Happy

Best Answer

I've noticed that the Surge is very inconsistent with the bluetooth connection. I've had similar issues, and follow all the troubleshooting, but it keeps losing itself on occasion. I've found that I have to switch the Surge Bluetooth on occasion from Classic to Not Classic. I don't really know what they mean, but when it stops working on one, it seems to work on the other. Why it changes I don't know, and don't care, but it's very irritating that it does this. Possibly it's related to one computer having the Surge receiver attached, where the others only connect with native bluetooth?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BDangBill, thanks for your feedback! It's nice to see you again! Cat Happy

I'd like to know if you're currently syncing your replacement with a mobile device or with a computer? And when you mentioned connecting with Bluetooth Classic, is it because you're using the Music Control option or are you still referring to the syncing process? Too bad that you're having issues with your Fitbit, so I'd like to see if we can fix this! Smiley Surprised

See you later! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, 

i have tried all the options to get the buttons on my surge to work, to no avail;

i am unable to restart the tracker as I do not have control of the watch buttons.

i have done option 1-6 including deleting the surge from the Bluetooth , removing the surge from the Fitbit app & resetting up the device on Fitbit, Bluetooth is back on.

Before all of the above, I turned Bluetooth off & back on, I changed the watch face screen.

what can I try next.

Thanks Gary

Best Answer

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thank you for the steps you've tried to help your little buddy, you did a great job. Sorry that your Fitbit is not responding, for you to have the best possible experience, I've created a support case on your behalf.

Keep an eye on your inbox!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i have tried the method as mentioned but my fibit is having a problem when restart. My fitbit surge only able to shown fibit logo for about 15 mins and won't sync even with my Bluetooth on. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @QuincesSmiley Happy

Thanks for trying those steps with your Surge. Can you please connect your Surge on your computer and while it is charging try to restart it again. You can try to do so a couple of times, since your Surge seem to be stuck on that process. Then please try please confirm that your Fitbit App and phone are up to date first, then you can follow these steps:

1. Force quite the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit tracker from there too
  4. Reboot Bletooth to make sure tracker is not there
  5. Restart your tracker  and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back
  6. Turn on notifications

This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes