Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Completely Stopped Tracking Sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I pretty much love my fitbit, and I bought the Surge right after Christmas. Four days ago it completely stopped tracking sleep and it's driving me crazy. I changed the sensitivity, that did not fix the issue. I've re-started it, and that did not fix the issue. Any other options out there?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@glitchxoxo, sorry to hear that your device isn't working as it should. Can you try initiating the start of your sleep on your phone; and then when you wake up, hit "I am awake". Then see if your device monitored your sleep. Please let me know what you find.

Nick | Washington

Surge, Blaze, Flex 2, Alta HR: - iPhone 7, Windows 8/10, Macbook Pro

Please mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed, or visit the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@glitchxoxo, sorry to hear that your device isn't working as it should. Can you try initiating the start of your sleep on your phone; and then when you wake up, hit "I am awake". Then see if your device monitored your sleep. Please let me know what you find.

Nick | Washington

Surge, Blaze, Flex 2, Alta HR: - iPhone 7, Windows 8/10, Macbook Pro

Please mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed, or visit the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Once I did that, it started tracking automatically again. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the Surge.  It tracked my sleep for about 25 days and then just quit.  All other functions work well.  After reading the community issues, I restarted the Surge with no luck.  Then I did the manual start and stop and all I got was a straight line - no restless or awake times.  I really like the Surge, but the sleep log is imortant to me.  This has been going on for 4 days.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please disregard my last post.  I just did the "Dongle trick" and now the sleep tracker is working.  I did lose 2 days of tracking, but by doing the above recommendations a couple of days ago, the sleep was recorded - it just wasn't showing up until I synched with the dongle.

Pete

Best Answer
0 Votes

My surge has stop tracking sleep.  And I noticed your 'dongle trick' message!  Can you tell me what that is and how it works!  Not tracking sleep is making me lose sleep Smiley Tongue

Best Answer

My iphone 6s plus no longer shows the option of sleep tracking in the app, and it no longer records sleep in the fitbit online dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out what happened in my case, my new phone had lost the device. I setup again and all is good

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you guys around @MIAOHLB @Mardai24, hope you're doing good! The sleep tracking should be autmoatic, meaning that it should arrive on your Dashboard pretty soon after you wake up. If it isn't, there are a few things we may try to ensure we're troubleshooting as best we can: 

• Confirm that the tile is there- whether you see your statistics on your Web Dashboard or your mobile phone, please confirm if you see either the "How did you sleep?" prompt or any message at all. 
  • Toggle your Sleep tracking sentitivity to movement to the other option. 

I'd recommend restarting your Surge by following the steps that my friend @SunsetRunner shares in this post to make sure it's transferring the data correctly. 

Also, please check if your Fitbit app is running the latest version. Keep in mind that old ones might cause issue like this.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same problem. Tried all the above  nut still no working.

Tom

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @tomlan43 Woman Very Happy! Thanks for trying the suggestions!

Are you syncing frequently? Since when did you start noticing the missing sleep data? Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Have you checked your sleep data on a computer instead of your phone? Didn't the restart make any difference?

Would you mind to be specific about what you've tried? (I mean step-by-step)

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
The trouble started a little over a week ago. My normal sleep range is
9.00pm to 5.00am.

Fitbit reported in the last week that I slept as follows.

Sun 1.55 - 5.09am

Sat 9.21 - 11.06pm

Frid 1.09 - 2.39am

Thurs 12.26 - 1.32am

Wed 8.45 - 1.46am

Tues 1-19 - 4.44am

Mon 8.13- 10.31pm

Before this, my Surge performed normally; and is synced daily. The results
are the same on phone and computer.

I have turned the Surge off and on with no improvement. Changing sensitivity
does not correct the results.

Tomlan43
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm...very strange @tomlan43! If you've tried the suggestion posted here I'll recommend getting in touch with Customer Support directly so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from. 

Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tho. You didn’t mention how to start sleep tracking in the app. This would be helpful please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes