Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge GPS map on Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was injured and am now getting back to working out. During that time, the new dashboard was introduced. In the old dashboard, a map would display if I tracked a run or walk with the GPS on my Surge. I do not see that on the new dashboard. It does display if I go to the FItbit website and log in so I know it recorded, but it used to display in the app. Is that no longer an option?  I do not want to use the phone's GPS, I prefer to use the GPS built into the Surge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Carp13! I hope you're doing great! 

@SunsetRunner @Carp13 Let me help you out, on  the new Dashboard you have to tap on your exercise tile then look for your run and it will display the map check out the screenshots below: 

gps011.jpg

gps033.jpg

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

that's the case, in Recent Exercises (or something like, my Dashboard is in french).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Carp13! I hope you're doing great! 

@SunsetRunner @Carp13 Let me help you out, on  the new Dashboard you have to tap on your exercise tile then look for your run and it will display the map check out the screenshots below: 

gps011.jpg

gps033.jpg

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

When I select the Weekly Exercise Tile on my Iphone, I only see:  Heart Rate, and Calories Burned.  When I select the Recent Exercise Tile on my computer, I only see: Heart Rate, Heart Rate Zone, Calories Burned.  Neither display the GPS generated map.  Prior to my Walk (or does the map only get generated for RUNNING?), I selected Walk on my Charge 2 Tracker.  The display indicated that my Iphone was indeed connected.  Please advise as to what I'm not doing correctly.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I select the Weekly Exercise Tile on my Iphone, I only see:  Heart Rate, and Calories Burned.  When I select the Recent Exercise Tile on my computer, I only see: Heart Rate, Heart Rate Zone, Calories Burned.  Neither display the GPS generated map.  Prior to my Walk (or does the map only get generated for RUNNING?), I selected Walk on my Charge 2 Tracker.  The display indicated that my Iphone was indeed connected.  Please advise as to what I'm not doing correctly.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ScreenShots!!!!

You are the only one that actually helped thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, do I have to go out with my phone and surge together to be able to view a map? IE, can I just go for a run, obviously wearing my surge, and leave my phone at home? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using the FitBit Surge in INDIA. No GPS map on phone app or on the desktop Dashboard.Surge updated to the latest firmware 16.34.6.1. Everything else works fine. Please fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using the FitBit Surge in INDIA. No GPS map on phone app when walking or on the desktop Dashboard.Surge updated to the latest firmware 16.34.6.1. Everything else works fine. Please fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes