Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Setup Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, having some challenges setting up my Fitbut Surge.

Have attempted to set up on my phone (HTC One XL), down loaded the app, however when I go to the tracker and select surge it refers me back to the PC set up.

I have attempted to set up on my PC however I'm on Windows XP.  I have downloaded the windows app but can't get it to complete the set up and it's not finding the surge when I connect it to the PC or use the wireless dongle.  It just refers me back to the download section on the Fitbit website.  I have emailed Fitbit for assistance but that can take a couple of days.  I did note that there are difficulties setting up using windows.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Thinking I may need to update my Windows software.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @MeaghanO. It seems your HTC One is not on the list of supported devices as listed here. This is why you can't use it to set up your tracker. Once you have set things up using another device you might still be able to install and run the app on your HTC to view your data as well as do some basic manual logging and to change settings. You just can't sync with it.

To install the Fitbit Connect software on Windows XP you need to download it from here.

I hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes