Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Stuck on Logo Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
About a week ago I noticed that my Surge was stuck on the Fitbit logo that blinks every 4 seconds and the buttons and screen were unresponsive. All, I can do is turn it off using the LHS and bottom RHS button but when I turn it back on it just goes back to the Fitbit logo. I’ve tried leaving it for several days until I get the empty battery icon but when I plug the charger in, again it just goes back to a Fitbit logo. Any ideas how to reset it would be gratefully received. The only other thing I can think of is to leave it to completely drain so I don’t even get the empty battery icon before recharging.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Steve_B, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks for the fantastic suggestion @WendyBHeart

Sorry about Surge! Thanks for the troubleshooting steps that you already tried!  I'd suggest trying the restart a couple of more times, while the Surge is plugged in into the computer. 

Then try these steps to disconnect your Surge from your Fitbit Account and add it back, to see if this helps, usually indicates issues with the firmware update. If these doesn't help and you have a computer please add back your Surge to your Fitbit Account using the Fitbit Connect program on your computer via Wireless Dongle.  

Le me know if this helps! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You are restarting by pushing those buttons. So something is wrong and I would Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Please let them know you have restarted it many times

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Steve_B, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks for the fantastic suggestion @WendyBHeart

Sorry about Surge! Thanks for the troubleshooting steps that you already tried!  I'd suggest trying the restart a couple of more times, while the Surge is plugged in into the computer. 

Then try these steps to disconnect your Surge from your Fitbit Account and add it back, to see if this helps, usually indicates issues with the firmware update. If these doesn't help and you have a computer please add back your Surge to your Fitbit Account using the Fitbit Connect program on your computer via Wireless Dongle.  

Le me know if this helps! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit I tried everything in this post, but I can't get my Fitbit Surge to restart at all. It is disconnected from my account and from Bluetooth. Any attempts to restart the device are met with the blinking logo and no other response. Currently, I'm waiting for the battery to run down to see if it will reboot itself naturally. Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kimmi_P I'm not Yojana but I see you've waited a few weeks to hear back. If your device is in permaloop (only showing the Fitbit logo), quite likely something's wrong with the circuitry and usually unrepairable. You can try resetting but it sounds like you have. I've serviced hundreds of Fitbit Surges and if stuck on logo, never progressing, it's a lost cause 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes