Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Support and discontinued

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sirs

I have two problems to discuss with your team.

First:

I purchased a Surge a few years ago and I noticed on your Web Site it’s no longer supported.

I replaced the Surge with the charge2 due to a charging issue with the Surge.

The charging cable will not stay in the connection due to wear and age. I replaced the charging cable and still have the problem. I think it’s the body of the Surge at fault.?

Second:

After wearing the watch, both of them, I have developed a skin rash or sore spot under the watch on both arms.

I think it’s from the LED’s, but not sure that’s the problem, I might have developed a skin tolerance problem.?

What do you advise for resolution of this issue?

Thanks

Mike in Yuma

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@YumaMike wrote:

Sirs

First:

I purchased a Surge a few years ago and I noticed on your Web Site it’s no longer supported.

The charging cable will not stay in the connection due to wear and age. I replaced the charging cable and still have the problem. I think it’s the body of the Surge at fault.?

Second:

After wearing the watch, both of them, I have developed a skin rash or sore spot under the watch on both arms.

I think it’s from the LED’s, but not sure that’s the problem, I might have developed a skin tolerance problem.?

Thanks

Mike in Yuma

Please explain the bold above. The surge charger will only charge the surge, It can not be used on any other device

You need to charge the charge 2 with its charger

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

most problems with irritations can be cuŕed by cleaning crevices such as the charging port with a cotton bud. I use a little lens cleaner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YumaMike wrote:

Sirs

First:

Second:

Thanks

Mike in Yuma

Please explain the bold above. The surge charger will only charge the surge, It can not be used on any other device

You need to charge the charge 2 with its charger

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB, it says clearly that the surge charging cable won't stay connected. I assume like my husband's one it keeps popping out of the back of tracker socket.  So he got a charge 2 to replace it but has had a reaction to the backs of both units.

@YumaMike I occasionally use a fine brush like the ones for between your teeth to clean the connection on the back of the surge.  Just lightly to shift any dust etc that might have worked its way into the socket. But it is a very hit and miss connection. 

As to your reaction I find with my charge2 that I need to slack the strap off a notch in hot weather or I get a sweat rash under the actual tracker. I also have to make sure my skin is totally dry before replacing it after washing. 

Best Answer

The Surge charging system SUCKS and no matter how many cables I buy they still have issues staying connected.  

And no more support?

$300 wasted.  Never buy another Fitbit again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DiLernia and welcome to the Help forum.  Fitbit discontinued the Surge when it released the Ionic.  Fitbit considers it one of its legacy devices. I think it is common practice for companies to end support for a product once it has been discontinued for so long.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most skin irritation issues are due to perspiration sensitivity. Basically, your sweat is burning your skin. I would suggest frequent removal of the tracker and allowing the skin to dry completely.  This is similar to a baby's diaper rash where the skin stays damp with an irritant. Since you can't put anything between the tracker and your skin, drying it frequently is about your only option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes