Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge & Device just not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI,

I have been trying everything since 27 July and just wont sync (there was no problem before). I now have a new device (Samsung S8+) and installed fitbit.  They are connected via Bluetooth and it is trying to sync but nothing. I have restarted everything, and nothing seems to work. I have now not recorded exercise since 27July and it is having financial implications on my medical aid. Please help I am now desperate!

Jean-Marc

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

There are other threads on here regarding sync issues with android apparently fitbit are working on a fix. Maybe try letting your surge go totally flat leave it for 24 hrs after all lights go out, then charge your surge. While it's flat disconnect the surge from your phone,  uninstall the app, restart your phone,  install the app again,  restart your phone again.  Once your surge is fully charged  do at least 3 restarts on it  before reconnecting with your phone via the fitbit app.  If your surge is less than 1 year old it's still under warranty so contact support.  I hope one of these helps you, good luck !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank-you very much. I actually found the problem to be the Bluetooth connection. I had to make sure there were no other Bluetooth devices around, then place the Bluetooth setting on my device to "pair" and then the 2 would connect.

Also another bit of advice...because it was so long since the last sync, I used my laptop to sync first which was quick, this seemed to "unblock" the problem.

Thanks again!

Best Answer