Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge band durability feedback

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit surge for 3 years. The band was worn and split and then it suddenly died.  I don't go into any water with it or even wear it all the time. During that three years there would be months that I would not wear it..  I think a $300 watch should last more than three years. Maybe I am expecting too much.  What do others think?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ecowan, @WendyB@Bekilim and @cousindanny thanks for posting your feedback about what you experience with Fitbit.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different for every case since Fitbit tracker are used in a different way. We expect they last long time but as @WendyB mentioned, must of users love to move forward and try new and model as technology is always improving and moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, see you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Mine lasted 3 years. I was very happy with the length of time it lasted.

I was actually getting tierd of it and ready to move on to something different.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

totally agree that this costly investment should last for more than 3 years! Mine is now nearly 3 years & I'm now having problems syncing to my Samsung Galaxy 7!!

Best Answer

I have used the Surge for 3 years, but my first 3 devices were returned withing the first 11 months. The first return was due to the calendar/clock issue (wrong date and time and not registering the elapsed time on exercise correctly. The second was due to the charge lasting less than 6 hours. The third was registering steps while I was asleep without wearing the device. I am about ready to move on to something else, but it will Definitely not be a fitbit device, because on the third return they made me return the defective device and I was over  month without it.

Best Answer

Hi @ecowan, @WendyB@Bekilim and @cousindanny thanks for posting your feedback about what you experience with Fitbit.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different for every case since Fitbit tracker are used in a different way. We expect they last long time but as @WendyB mentioned, must of users love to move forward and try new and model as technology is always improving and moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, see you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes