Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge button stuck

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Both right top and bottom button of my surge stuck half way. Unable to depress fully. Any solution to solve this?? Please help
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Please close this issue. I solved the problem.
For those who has the same issue, just take a toothbrush and brush in between those buttons it works

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6
Please close this issue. I solved the problem.
For those who has the same issue, just take a toothbrush and brush in between those buttons it works
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you had this issue again? My surges buttons are sticking which don't let me start or stop exercise activities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the right top button stick. I did the toothpick and toothbrush cleaning routine. Didn't work until I added a little isopropyl alcohol. Restored function but only for several weeks at a time. Then it hit me that there are only two tools needed. If it moves and isn't supposed to, duct tape. If it doesn't move and is supposed to, WD-40. Had a WD-40 "pen" lying around and a little dab seems to give me up to about 6 weeks. Sooner or later will probably have to replace it, but for now I'm getting a little extended life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Baby1nicky and @JohnTMooreIt's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I'd like to add that it's always best to check the tips to clean and take care of your Fitbit Band. Did you contact our customer support team to check your options?

This is a really good suggestions thought, let me know if you're still having issues with the button on your Surge.

Catch you later! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, I did contact customer support. Friendly. Not much in the way of helpful suggestions. Did offer a discount on a new Surge, given that mine is out of warranty. I figure it is on borrowed time...

Best Answer

Hi there @JohnTMoore! Thanks for getting back, good to know that our team was nice to you! Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconveniences some of you experienced with the Fitbit products and I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. I assure you that we take in consideration all the feedback our users provide and we're working everyday to be the best fitness company.

As a friendly reminder, you can always check our Returns and Warranty policies to understand better the response from our Support Team. As they mentioned, the warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase.

I'll be around. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes