Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge cannot be sync with iPhone after removing in app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

Few days ago I found my Surge didn't connect to my iPhone 6 plus with iOS 9.3. Hence there was no phone/sms notification on my Surge. I restarted my phone and the Surge multiple times but it didn't help. I then removed the Surge in the app and would like to pair again. 

During pairing, the app was able to find the surge but stuck on the page "We found your Surge!". The Surge didn't show any number to pair up and the app also stuck there. I was able to sync the Surge with cable with my Win10 PC. However, it will be not convinient that I sync with cable all the time.

It looks like a bug in the app of iPhone in communicating with the Surge. Anyone has ideas on it? Thanks a lot.

Eric

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @kinleong Smiley Very Happy! I'd recommend checking the tips posted here.

Hope that helps for you too! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre,

Thanks for your answer. However, I still couldn't match the Surge to my iPhone again. I rebooted the Surge and tried to connect in the app. The app was able to find Surge and had a message "We found your Surge!". Unfortunately, the Surge didn't show up anything like to pair number and the app stuck at that page. 

The problem was I found my iPhone and Surge were out of sync, so there was no phone/sms notification after upgrading to iOS 9.3.1. I tried many ways, including reboot the iPhone and Surge, uninstalling the app, and remove the Surge from the app. However, after I remove the Surge from the app, I couldn't resync again since 2 weeks ago. I guessed it maybe a bug in the latest app......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm..very strange my friend @kinleong. However, I'd recommend setting up your Surge as a new device by following these steps.

If they don't work, please reach out Customer Support so they can further investigate what's going on here. Just don't forget to mention all the steps you've taken to avoid getting the same ones.

It's very weird as I've mentioned before since I did the update to my iPhone (OS 9.3.1) also with my Fitbit app and no issues so far Smiley Sad.

Give it a shot and hope to hear good news! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes