Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge deducting steps in single day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I go on a hike with steep elevation climb my steps will say around 25000 when I’m done and verified sync.  After resting and taking a shower I put the Fitbit back on and it drops to 21000. The Fitbit forums elude to conflicts with multiple Fitbit devices or manually entering steps. I have neither. I do have a Garmin that I wear but don’t see how that would create a problem.  

This never happens during the work week with normal walking. It only happens when doing steep climbs / hiking . 1500 feet plus elevation gain. 

Has anyone had this issue ?? 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Swaisboy, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley HappyHeart

Wow, it sound very odd! Thanks a million for reporting this, as this is the first time that this happens we might have to restart your tracker a couple of times in case that it is a software issue; and keep an eye on it for the next days. You can get back to us if you notice the same issue or any other strange behavior from your Surge. I hope this won't happen again but please keep us posted. Cat Frustrated

Sorry about your missing data, I know that you expected to see your data reflected on your Dashboard since you did your best. If you wish you can manually log your runs so you don't lose all those steps from your stats, but it's up to you. To manually log an activity: Tap on your "Track exercise" (it has a picture of a little man running) > Tap on stop watch (in the upper right corner) > Enter the information.

If this keep happening, I'd like to have an screenshot of the information that you can see from your end. I encourage you to keep stepping, remember it's not about going fast, it's about doing your best!

See you around! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. This keeps happening and have reset tracker.

Today I did cross country skiing and had 19 thousand steps when I got home. I synched and could see my steps on the company tracker. I was at the top. 

Several hours later and a few thousand more steps I synched and it dropped to 16 k 😡.  

I will post the pics. I didn’t get the first pic of my tracker but I know it said 19 k and I will post a pic showing it said 19 k on one of the challenges for today .

CA0B5AAF-2BFD-4611-B174-169B150DA297.png

FC088330-EBA5-453E-B5B9-86AF9EB3E408.jpeg

The 16 k was snapped hours after the 19 k synched . I went back to snap the 19 k. 

Best Answer
0 Votes