Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge doesn’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my uncle gave me his Fitbit surge as I lost my previous watch. I tried everything they asked me to do in the Fitbit website to sync the watch with my iPhone. None of it work and the surge also doesn’t connect to my uncle’s iPhone anymore. 

The website told that I also have to check if the latest firmware is updated in the watch. I think it isn’t as it wasn’ Used for the last 6 months. Now that it doesn’t sync with any device, how do I update it anyway?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @DisguisedPig, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. Congrats about your Surge! Please, check on your uncles' phone that the Fitbit Surge is not connected there. Open the Bluetooth settings and forget the Surge from there.

• Verify that your phone is compatible with the Fitbit app, go to www.fitbit.com/devices
  • Download and install the Fitbit app from one of the following locations: Apple devices Apple App Store
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap Join Fitbit
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect ("pair") your Fitbit device to your phone or tablet. Pairing makes sure your Fitbit device and phone or tablet can communicate with one another (sync their data).
  • If you tracker is still not connecting connect your Surge on the charging cable and restart it and then try the set up again. 
  • You don't need to update your Surge since, we haven't release new updates for this tracker. Just check that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date.

If you have difficulty, check this article:  Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around, keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @DisguisedPig, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for posting your inquiry here. Congrats about your Surge! Please, check on your uncles' phone that the Fitbit Surge is not connected there. Open the Bluetooth settings and forget the Surge from there.

• Verify that your phone is compatible with the Fitbit app, go to www.fitbit.com/devices
  • Download and install the Fitbit app from one of the following locations: Apple devices Apple App Store
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap Join Fitbit
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect ("pair") your Fitbit device to your phone or tablet. Pairing makes sure your Fitbit device and phone or tablet can communicate with one another (sync their data).
  • If you tracker is still not connecting connect your Surge on the charging cable and restart it and then try the set up again. 
  • You don't need to update your Surge since, we haven't release new updates for this tracker. Just check that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date.

If you have difficulty, check this article:  Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around, keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes